New Weber?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal

Assistant Cook
Found a Weber gold with a bag of charcoal on Craigslist for $30, yeah I am gonna check it out. about a mile away

I got a Weber Silver for $10 bucks at a garage sale but it did not include charcoal, sounds like you found a good deal. Remember to a take a large garbage bag and some tape with you when you pick it up to save your vehicle from the ashes.

The moving truck was there got the grill and a bag of Kingsford blue for $20, good way to start the day. It is in really good shape but boy does it need a cleaning. A fricking empty semi trailer to move from Wisconsin to Arizona and they dont have room for a Weber in it :rolleyes::roll:

They are probably upgrading to gas.:rolleyes:

He is a Pastor and they moved from Wisconsin to Arizona. there it was a full size semi in front of a smaller house to load the furniture and he said there was not enough room for the grill. Maybe they dont use them there :rolleyes:

Ya know, for that price, I'd add a Weber Kettle to my arsenal. I'd even make room for it. ;)

It doesn't look too dirty, or maybe you already cleaned it up?:confused: Either way, it looks brand new.

Good on ya.

BOB

The inside is gonna take a can of oven cleaner and a box of SOS pads
Just used and never cleaned, a lot of creasole on the inside of the top, but she will shine and I will add it to the group.
Thanks

Sounds like you two are back into the loco weed. You dont never sandblast the inside of a used pit. You will be digging sand our of your Schlitz forever on that deal. Oven cleaner is deadly pizzen not fitting for man nor beast. Fire is our
friend. Put a brisk fire in the hole and cook the gunk then let it cool down and break out the wire brush. Dont make me come up there. Thanks. In fact dont even do that till it comes time to cook.

Sounds like some people have never seen a Weber...

Don't sand blast it. That and a wire brush are liable to ruin/scratch the finish. Aren't Webers porcelan coated? I'd be careful with that SOS pad, too.
Do a hot and fast burn to burn off whatever is in there. Then wash out the inside with a lot of soap and water, but don't do too much manual labor, more of a soapy rinse.
Get a large plastic bag/garbage bag and put the lid in it, along with a small container of oven cleaner. Put the container of oven cleaner in the bag but don't get any on the lid. Close up the bag and leave it at least over night, 24 hours would be better. Next day carefully open the bag outdoors with lots of air and remove the lid and rinse. Close up that bag and container of oven cleaner and throw it away. If you did it right, and the previous owner didn't scratch the inside coating, the lid should be clean, or almost. The fumes from the oven cleaner did all the work and you never had to play in the stuff.

Let us know!

BOB

Back
Top Bottom