New to BBQ!!! Looking for a little rib advice!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On my Weber Kettle the legs just push in. They actually come out to easy. I need to put some glue in them to keep them in.

Here is a picture of indirect cooking with the Weber Kettle.

Here is a picture of the bottom section of the WSM. You could not use the ring and fill with charcoal and put a grate over the charcoal for direct grilling.

92hatchattack said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Joe, the fine folks here have given you some mighty fine advise. How about coughing up the whiskey marinade you spoke about in the first post?

The fine folks here shurley have and i apreciate it alot!

Heres the recipe. I pluked it off the internet somewhere. I really enjoyed it. I marinated it for 24 hours. It had tons of tangy flavor. Im not really sure if its a "good marinade" because your standarts are alot better than mine, but it was definatly better than the one mom used to make...... oh, and i definatly took advantage of the "OR SO" when it came to the whiskey.... i used 3 tablespoons, next time i may use 4.

LONDON BROIL MARINADE

INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Dash or 2, Tabasco
Dash of ground ginger
1 teaspoon sugar
1 clove minced garlic
2 tablespoons Bourbon (or so!)

Mix her all up and thow her in a bag with the top round.

I hope someone will try this out and leave some feedback, and possibly some other recipes that may be better.. cause i dont know right now... lol

I just copied this in the sauces / brines / recipe section

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-51020-Smoke ... B00004U9VU
41W8ENBT8EL._AA280_.jpg

They don't make these anymore. When they are gone, they're gone. But this might be just what you need. ;)

18 1/2" "table top" kettle

92hatchattack said:
wow, i just checked out those Maveric thermometers... remote too .. those are pretty awesome!!!!

so 1 single unit can monitor both meat temperature, and cooking temperature>?????

I would hold off on purchasing anything from Maverick right now. I have a defective unit that they promised a replacement for but have yet to ship and they will not respond to any of my emails to them. I would advise against purchasing one of these units until they prove that they support their products.

that does look near perfect for me!! ... may just on it .. wonder why the price is that high though, when u can get a full one on a stand for less... whats the diffrences between platnum and gold and silver really???? I think im goona head out to wallmart tomorrow and check these out in perseon .. if it looks easy to pull the legs off, there a good chance ill go for one with a stand...... but this is a good option too .. thanks for the heads up ...

so is this maverick a pretty new product then?

The Smokey Joe Platinum is 18 1/2" dia where the silver and gold versions of the SJ are only 14" dia. Big difference in cooking area.

The reason the price is high compared to the std 18 1/2" kettle is that you are paying for the convenience of being able to easily transport it. Also production numbers have a lot to do with costs.

The Mavericks are good units and have been around a while. Lots of people use them for years without any problems. Usually if anyone has a problem their service dept handles it in a timely fashion. Sometimes it takes a little longer than people would like for it to.

PantherTailgater said:
92hatchattack said:
wow, i just checked out those Maveric thermometers... remote too .. those are pretty awesome!!!!

so 1 single unit can monitor both meat temperature, and cooking temperature>?????

I would hold off on purchasing anything from Maverick right now. I have a defective unit that they promised a replacement for but have yet to ship and they will not respond to any of my emails to them. I would advise against purchasing one of these units until they prove that they support their products.

Received the items from Maverick yesterday. There was confusion regarding the unit that was defective but I'll resolve that with them. The items were sent via US Mail which obviously took longer to arrive.

Thanks for your service, Maverick! :D

ok, i checked out some grills in person today .... and i think im pretty set on the full sized 18.5" silver one touch.... i can grab it from home depot for only $65 ... not too shabby

so, this is for anyone with the 18".... is the 18" large enough for indirect cooking???? because the 22" is just to big fo me and my apartment ...

cleglue, yours looks like a 22" no???

92...its really not that much bigger in space...but the grilling area is great...I would get the 22.5" if at all possible!

Back
Top Bottom