New Smoker... It's a Lang!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_257832_0_968f71c32dd36c10be4336d15c0ba478.jpg

img_257832_1_0d1247c53bceb723bbe7ba93643d2ad9.jpg

img_257832_2_db17ef512e90bf0099e17c1ede2694b3.jpg

Here is a couple of photos of my first cook... couple of yardbirds, chicken breasts, sausage and beans... used oakwood and a sweet and tangy bbq sauce... wife said... you need to fire up that smoker more often... woohoo:grin:

Hey Nutz..concerning wood..anybody who stumbles over some good Oak can stop lookin. Best friend one of them offset creosote factories can have..lol. It seems to turn treacherous less often than many others. Its also the best friend of the tight little upright crowd who cook by the smother it out nearly method. It just dont have a mean bone in its body..or cell structure perhaps? lol. Good job. Now a person cant go wrong with a little good fruit wood or even an occasional moderate use of hickory. If the yankees start yapping about Cheery turn a deaf ear. That stuff is best for making furniture. Cheerio old chap.

Nothing wrong with Cherry Wood, I use it all the time, along with apple, oak,, and other woods. Its what your region has in abundance that you will use the most of. That or pay an arm and a leg to get some other wood.

I agree Max, cherry is really good to cook with, but I'm still trying to locate a good wood source. The pile of oak I got had some trash pieces in it, more than I expected. But the wood was good and seasoned so no complains there. Cherry and pecan are plentiful down here so I will probable use those quite a bit. Overall I'm happy with the first cook and can't wait to do another cook!!

Bigwheel
you need to be careful of calling people "Yankees" ...

I don't take to kindly to that...
I'm proud southern boy and was born in the heart of Georgia!!

I didn't come here to talk politics I'm here to talk bbq!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom