New Smoker -- A must see !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations!! We have four of the rug rats. They're all grown up now but they keep coming back home. I wish I could say it was just for the BBQ. Best wishes to the misses for doing her part, too! :LOL:

Thanks all ... things are going okay, being new parents for 4 days now we probably overanalyze and worry to much about things ... the day we left the hosp she had a test for jaundice and the level was 8.4 and she had another test today that was around 12 ... it going up made us worry quite a bit but the pediatrician assured us that there was no need to look into it further unless it was at 17 or 18 so hope hes right ..

I've got a 5 1/2 month at home. He, like ALL babies had a bit of jaundice. We were told by a nurse to set him by a window with sunlight hitting him. The sun will help the juandice and the windows will take block out the bad uv rays. We did it a few times and his juandice never got worse. Welcome to parenthood.

Well if a person is looking for UV light I dont think much is going to penetrate a window glass. Know you cant get a tan or burn from a rolled up car winder or so I been told. I am digging for my physics 101 text book as we speak. By the way Congratulations Div. I posted to this previously but it go lost in cyberspace somehow. Take the baby outside on a sunny day sometime. Or you could go to Pet Smart and get whut is called a lizzard light. Bunch of UVB come spewing out of that puppy. Buy a lamp plug and wave the bulb over the nekked baby a few times a day 5 min max total. Shield the baby's eys. That should cure whut ails her. Or actually the best thing would be let her bask under some daylight spectrum curly tail florescents for a while each day. 2 hundred watters should to the trick. The lizzard light might be a bit overwhelming for a child. Save that idear in case the CFLs dont work out to suit ya.

bigwheel

Hes right about the window, they say indirect sunlight so things seem to be clearing up and im getting plenty of sleep the wife is breast feeding so I dont have to drag my ass out of bed lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom