New Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
I just got these pictures from Jamie Geer today. The pit is 98% complete. The final touch will be the addition of a chrome ring cap on the smokestack. I'll be driving down to Texas in a couple of weeks to pick it up and will cook on it at the Smoke On The Water Contest in Hot Springs, AR on the way home (3 weeks from today). Here are the pics

Frontside View:

Backside View

Rear View

Next to the firebox is the grill/chicken cooker. The first drawer is a water pan. The drawer can be removed which will then expose the coals for direct grilling.

Uncle Bubba said:
Looks cool. Thought you found the boiler furnace door thing though???

Better get out the wax. :roll: ;)

No, boiler doors. Those are really hard to find. They really look cool but at least with the bigger firebox doors I'll have less of a chance to burn myself, I think.

Kloset BBQR said:
No, boiler doors. Those are really hard to find. They really look cool but at least with the bigger firebox doors I'll have less of a chance to burn myself, I think.

That is one sweet looking offset woodburnin cooker,if she was any sweeter you could put her on pancakes. :)
About the burning yourself,with the insulated firebox there's little chance of getting hurt,with reg uninsulated you could burn both your hands,fingers,knuckles,elbow,belly,hip,multiple times and even burn your ankle when relaxing and putting your feet up,not in one day but it could happen,snever happened to me.With a bigger firebox you may just walk into her more often,just say scuse me and continue. :LOL:

I meant with a bigger door there would be less chance that I would get burnt trying to throw a log in the pit than trying to fit it through a smaller door with the boiler plate door. I do really love the looks of those boiler doors though and would have gladly taken the risk had they been available.

I got to be careful about sweeter than pancakes though, especially if they come from McDonalds. :roll:

I always thought the boiler door was just for the air flow,remember seeing a close up and seen it had hinges and figured that boiler could be opened to poke at the fire without opening the whole door,so the boiler was the whole door?,well then this is better if it was,though i don't see any openings at the bottom for airflow,must be that piece of steel that you may have to remove? could be there for safety?guess you take that of fand,,,well crap if Greg Rempee had any pull we'd be listening to Mr Geer explain this all to us in a podcast,at least he'll have Ted Reader on next week and finally someone who can cook. :shock:

No the boliler plate doors actually had a little air flow door built into them.

You opended the boiler door to throw in the wood. Jamie said it made it tought to clean out the pit with that setup but it sure did look sweet!
Congratulations to those that found some.

Nice lookin ribs in your Avatar, BBQMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Kloset BBQR said:
No the boliler plate doors actually had a little air flow door built into them.

You opended the boiler door to throw in the wood. Jamie said it made it tought to clean out the pit with that setup but it sure did look sweet!
Congratulations to those that found some.

Nice lookin ribs in your Avatar, BBQMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Yup i seen the boiler doors and the little vents,just figured the whole door and the boiler door swung open,doesn't matter,just dreaming here.
The ribs took a couple of minutes of work in photoshop,much easier and quicker than having to cook them for 7 hours,thanks.

Cliff H. said:
I don't think that you are going to be happy with that pit...I think you should just let me take it home after the cookoff. :P

I agree with Cliff H,but why wait till after the cookoff,i say take it home before the cookoff,why have Kloset dirty it all up.?

Cliff since i helped will you let me play with the cooker?8)

Back
Top Bottom