New member---Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskahofferts

Assistant Cook
Hey all! I've received loads of info from forums, love em. So I'm looking for some help. I have a Traeger Texas, first pellet grill after my Weber Genesis. Grill was a great deal, got it from a friend who was movin out of Alaska. Anyway, I keep getting an ""Err" code. Usually happens once, then I shit down and start up and I'm good. Today it happened 3 times and popped my GFCI outlet. So, what gives, what do I need to replace.

The whole pellet pooper needs replacing. "Friends don't let friends play with pellet poopers" or something like that, huh Griff? Can't you edumicate your fellow Alaskaians how to do things griff?

Last edited:
The key phrase in your request is "Weber Genesis"......

Go back to it.....give it some love, tell it your are sorry.....tell it I'm stupid for trying to go to the dark side.....

Weber............I love you.............forgive me!!!!

The key phrase in your request is "Weber Genesis"......

Go back to it.....give it some love, tell it your are sorry.....tell it I'm stupid for trying to go to the dark side.....

Weber............I love you.............forgive me!!!!
:prayer::prayer::supz:

LOL, I still use the Weber, love it. But this new pellet rage intrigued me. Now I'm thinking my stainless smoker box on the Weber was a whole lot less maintenance!

Atta boi......
Not sure you will get any help anyways on this site about a pellet grill.

Hi, where do you live in Alaska? I personally have no experience with pellet smokers. I have found Chuck at True Value in Anchorage helpful and they sell Traegers. During the summer he cooks snacks for customers on a Traeger. If you live here in ANC talk to him.

Hi, where do you live in Alaska? I personally have no experience with pellet smokers. I have found Chuck at True Value in Anchorage helpful and they sell Traegers. During the summer he cooks snacks for customers on a Traeger. If you live here in ANC talk to him.

Griff--I live in Fairbanks. I'm going to try the RTD probe and see if that works. Thanks.

Since you are using some kind of computer on there, there may be an update for it, or some firm ware. I would go to the Traeger Texas website (if there is one) and check out their support option. If that does not work, I would call them.

Back
Top Bottom