New Kingsford Product??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds to me like Kingsford is going to pay Chris Lilly to share the reverse sear method with the world.

The one they are borrowing form Finney who borrowed it from Larry. :shock:

Cliff H. said:
It sounds to me like Kingsford is going to pay Chris Lilly to share the reverse sear method with the world.

The one they are borrowing form Finney who borrowed it from Larry. :shock:

...that Cappy invented.

Gee, maybe I'll take the day off and head into the city to see! .......................................................................................................................................................................................NOT!

Nick it would be worth it to talk to Chris Lilly...take the day off...at your age you don't know how many you have left to work anyway :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
Gee, maybe I'll take the day off and head into the city to see! .......................................................................................................................................................................................NOT!

if ya wanna go, let me know..

they've gottan a pretty big response to this, as it has had to be moved to a different location from the originally planned site

wittdog said:
Nick it would be worth it to talk to Chris Lilly...take the day off...at your age you don't know how many you have left to work anyway :LOL:
Smarta$$!

Bobberqer said:
Nick Prochilo said:

if ya wanna go, let me know..

they've gottan a pretty big response to this, as it has had to be moved to a different location from the originally planned site

Thanks, but no. With the layoffs at work, I'll go there instead.

I've heard a rumor that it is natural lump charcoal in the shape of briquettes. Kingsford did allow some teams to cook with it at the American Royal and the initial reviews were very positive.

I guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out for sure.

I believe The Original Charcoal Company already has that product in place...with the RANCHER hardwood lump briquette. The only way the KF product could be better the the OCC product would be if it is exactly like the Rancher BUT is available at all stores and is FAIRLY priced! Otherwise, I'll stick to the Humphrey's lump briquette I found at the supply store.

I WISH the Rancher was more widely available...that stuff was AWESOME!

Well if it is what it is, I would think national distribution is the key.

And by the way Mr. Rempe, how come you weren't all over this. With your ear to the ground of the BBQ world as it is, you should have been breaking this story weeks ago and keeping your loyal followers up to date. :roll:

To be honest, I knew about this a while back but I was sworn to secrecy from some of the bigger names in the biz as they were afraid of the repercussions...this is why I am being very coy in my posts as well.

By the way, I am not that big of a fan of the KF products so, unless they are looking to sponsor a show, I am not very interested in promoting their products as it would bring a track record of being over-priced and an average product at best.

Let's see what the product is and then we can bash me some more! :LOL:

well, whoever guessed it was lump charcoal pressed into uniform size, was right.. called Competition Briquets..odd spelling, but that was on the bag.. burns hotter than the blue bag stuff, and just as long.... no discernable aroma to it.... still has a filler to bind it, but it puts off less ash than the blue bag stuff... about a $1 more a bag than the blue bag... Home Depot will carry it all over the nation... anyhow, it was a good time, and good food.. Chris Lilly's new book will be out May 12th

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Cliff H.":2mzaeptz]I think this thread is about to be locked. :shock:

If Puff starts posting it will be![/quote:2mzaeptz]
Well let's see........... :P :roll:

Bobberqer said:
burns hotter than the blue bag stuff, and just as long.... puts off less ash than the blue bag stuff... about a $1 more a bag than the blue bag...
Sounds like New, Improved Kingsford, but they're keeping the old, inferior Kingsford too. I wonder if they have it in mind to phase out the old stuff.

--John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom