New Kingsford Charcoal Reviews...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So after reviewing my first overnight cook I must say that I am very happy with the results of the new KF. It fired up quickly and last longer than I thought it would...the smell is great and there is less ash. Typically when I get up around 7am or so I need to do a stir to break up the ash of the original KF but not with the new stuff. I kicked the legs every so often and there was never any issues with smothering the fire.

I was also very happy with the ash amounts...all things considered it is much better in all facets when compared to original KF. As the weather warms up I am inclined to think that my burn times will press out even further before needing to refuel. I started the butts at 9:30pm last night and at 8am there was still MAYBE 2hrs of burn left in it...I added about 4 handfuls more and it ran until I finished around 1:30pm.

Lastly, the three cooks I have done witrh this so far have held incredibly consistent in tempreatures. I had the WSM loced in at a 245* dome and it did not waver off of that for hours! That is a big plus in my book along with all of the other good stuff the new KF brings to the table when compared to the blue bag.

If you haven't tried it I am telling you to give it a shot...it is worth the extra money in my opinion!

Greg Rempe said:
Lastly, the three cooks I have done witrh this so far have held incredibly consistent in tempreatures. I had the WSM loced in at a 245* dome and it did not waver off of that for hours! That is a big plus in my book along with all of the other good stuff the new KF brings to the table when compared to the blue bag.

I agree with Greg. Used it several times and notice the steady level of heat. Once it is set, it holds at that temp quite impressivly.

Captain Morgan said:
all I can add is I thought it was a consistent burn. Not happy
about the price, so I'll probably just use it in comps.

I did a pork shoulder last weekend and pretty much found these results. The price factor is way out of line if you ask me. Ill be stickin with regular or lump.

The Costco near my house finally got some new K in...$13.59 for a two bag pack. Bought one to give it a try.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom