need some help on maxin' out ribs on WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
My wife and I just got back from a two week fishing vacation in the Yukon. I got lots of pics I'll post later but here's a tease. Griff with wooly mammoth.

Griff with Diamond Tooth Gertie and dance hall girls at Dawson City, Yukon Territory, site of the Klondike gold rush.

Griff with large lake trout.
\

But here's my problem. I got home. My 30 year old son, my sister in law , and my mom are at my house. They invited 16 people for a 4th of July party tomorrow. My question is what's the most amount of racks of bb ribs I can get on the WSM and how do I configure them? Thanks.

Looks like you had a great lil vacation Griff. I have no idea about the WSM though. You will have to post pics of that cook though. I have a rack that you can bend the ribs around. Seems many could be cooked using a couple of them, no help at 2am on the 4th I am affraid :oops:

Do you have a rib rack? You should be able to fit 5 racks of baby backs with a rib rack per shelf. Rolled racks of ribs, you will fit 4 racks per shelf. If you have the time, you could do it in two cooks. Then when it's time to serve, I would glaze and re-heat under the broiler.

Griff use a rib rack but then all around the outside of the rib rack you can actually lean another rack of ribs that way you can actually d0 16 racks of ribs in 1 WSM.

(Welcome back hope you have had a wonderful time all the best to you and your wife)

Thanks guys and Diva. Sounds like I can get the nine racks I have on easily by utilizing the two ribracks I have. My sister-in-law also brought some red salmon and halibut to supplement the ribs. Happy 4th of July everyone.

Griff said:
My wife and I just got back from a two week fishing vacation in the Yukon. I got lots of pics I'll post later but here's a tease. Griff with wooly mammoth.

Which one is the wooly mammoth?

Captain Morgan said:

The smaller one.

Nice fish, Dad! I think the halibut I caught last week was bigger, but my camera failed the "Lil Griff Test" and is broken so I can't prove it.

Lil Griff said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":h0wfwn8h]

The smaller one.

Nice fish, Dad! I think the halibut I caught last week was bigger, but my camera failed the "Lil Griff Test" and is broken so I can't prove it.[/quote:h0wfwn8h]

Unfortunately, the picture proof is a requirement for both bbq and fish. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom