need rib review ** updated, spares added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look good to me. I aint no judge, but I'd only leave the bones!!! , then boil them too... ;)

The colour is great in my opinion, but is there a smoke ring?

Could be my eyes, I just woke up.

They also look like they need to pull back from the bone more.

Although I'm not the cook, I also think the cut needs to be cleaner if they were for a turn in box.

Captain Morgan said:
cuts need to be a lot cleaner, do you think they are too dark?

You read my mind. I was wondering if they were too dark, or was that a prob with the camera. I like my ribs to be lighter.

I think they're a little dark Cappy. Also the cut needs to be cleaner. And it's hard to tell from the pic, but if you can't take a bite and have that bite pull clean from the bone, then they might not be done enough. ("pretty much bite through")

they weren't bad, but because of something I did after purchase,
they came out ham on a stick.

today will be better, I'm sure. gonna end up switching to spares
if they don't come out perfect though.

I always thought bb's would be more impressive to judges and
win more often, but I think the judges are growing in their sophistication
to where they can appreciate spares as well.

Spares are easier to perfect, so I was hoping for some "degree of difficulty" points, but I think in the end, what's good is good.

Chicken skin needs to fully cover the chicken. Crisp sauce cooked on skin with a nice even color all the way around. Judging is very different here in Texas, we turn in a fully jointed 1/2 chicken. Ribs look good, but I think the meat needs to pull a little more from the bone to show how tender they are. Just my .02 cents, overall everything looks fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom