Need help with a pork loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Re: Need help with a pork tenderloin

Chuck_050382 said:
The contest we are cooking this weekend has a pork tenderloin category.

I have never cooked one in the smoker and was looking for tips, tricks, or suggestions.

I have to find out today if it can be stuffed or not.

I was thinking about wrapping it in bacon while smoking it.

Thanks
Chuck

Is it tenderloin or pork loin? I do an apple brined pork loin that is excellant. http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=apple

Chuck,

Can't help you much with the time frame as I've never smoked one before, however, one word of advice...DO NOT over cook it. I usually take mine to 140-1455 and let it rest about 15 minutes. You get much above 150-155 it will tend to dry out (IMHO). At 140-145 you should have a very tender, juicy loin, with just a hint of pink to the meat.

Good luck!

time guesstimate is 45 minutes a pound, at 275, but more importanly, bring it up to 160* as close to turn in time as possible.. give yourself about 20 minutes for the juices to redistibute, and it will be fine,.. you might need to practice a couple to get the timing down.. I'm a fan of bringin pork loin

I like to inject with 50/50 apple juice and melted butter, favorite rub on the outside, and cook 275* until 145*. Then rest in cooler for an hour or so. Temp should come up to 155-160* and be super juicy. Have fun,Tim

Chuck_050382 said:
I like the idea of using a brine. I will try and have brine ready to go so that as soon as the meat is inspected I can start the brine.
I should be able to get over 12 hours in the brine.

thanks every one.

I would inject the brine. You will get the same result in half the time. Pump it as you would an injection and refridgerate several hours.

Back
Top Bottom