My usual mid week cook - PIC ADDED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Tomorrow is BBQ day in Greenback and I'm cooking up 3 butts, some chickens and cornish hens, a Minion method salmon filet, and 4 BB slabs. Just a normal cook, EXCEPT it's mid April, we've had snow flurries all day today and it will be in the 20's when I fire up the Klose in the morning- this is not Alaska or Canada, but East Tennessee for Pete's sake - I'm spoiled.

Fired up the Klose in the dark and 28* this morning, but all going well. Cooking with oak, hickory and a couple pieces of cherry. Have my pork rub and xxx cherry on the butts and ribs and yardbird on the poultry - apple slices in the cavities. Still have the cornish hens and salmon to toss on later this pm. Had the pit open so decided to snap a pic.
img_185043_0_50f0a5f6b848cd6ff256328a20519c11.jpg

Oak said:
BD,

That feast looks great. What do you do with all that food?

Regards,
Oak
I cook for friends, relatives, and neighbors and since I usually only cook once a month, I put several things in the freezer - always like to have some pulled chicken and pork and a slab of ribs on hand. I'll have salmon and the wife will have pork for dinner tonight.

Lookin' good from here.
Hey BD what's the xxx cherry?
Fine lookin' color on those butts.

Puff said:
Lookin' good from here.

xxx cherry is a Billy Bones rub and it tastes so good I could eat it with a spoon. I mix it with my homemade pork rub then use a cranberry BBQ sauce (Tennessee River BBQ Sauce) for a glaze and they work real well together.

big dude said:
Puff said:
Lookin' good from here.

xxx cherry is a Billy Bones rub and it tastes so good I could eat it with a spoon. I mix it with my homemade pork rub then use a cranberry BBQ sauce (Tennessee River BBQ Sauce) for a glaze and they work real well together.
I've heard good things about that rub. I'm going to give it a try.
Sounds like a great mix you have going on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom