My name is Puff and I am.......................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cliff H. said:
Great looking ribs there Puff. Nice "very closeup". :D

Is soaking the wood chunks the standard for WSMing ?
Nope, learned that today. Also have to spread the chunks out farther. ;)

Puff I've gotta agree with the rest! Those ribs are a thing of beauty!!! You're a master my friend!!!

brian j said:
wittdog said:
Well when the stoker is doing all the work :shock: :D ;)
i hope you're not talking about me. :shock:
i started drinking long before putting my brisket on. ;)

brian j,
He's talking about me. We've got a standing joke that started in another thread about excuse to drink while "tending the pit." Of course, with a Stoker that need to tend dramatically decreases while simultaneously decreasing the excuse to drink. But, you and I are on the same page. We don't need no stinkin' pit to drink.

Thanks everyone :D
You know the one thing I was dissapointed about was the door.
It just seems cheap. For the $ you pay for one you would think it would come with a stronger more tight fitting one.

Puff said:
It just seems cheap. For the $ you pay for one you would think it would come with a stronger more tight fitting one.
The door and the lack of a therm...kind of pisses one off...

Puff said:

Some people are just never satisfied !! :roll:

john pen said:
Puff said:

Trust me I'm satisfied with it, just not the door.
It's like a tin can with a latch on it.

Puff said:
john pen said:
Puff said:

Trust me I'm satisfied with it, just not the door.
It's like a tin can with a latch on it.

It may feel light, but it's pretty durable. When you accidently bend it or it rusts, let me know, I'll buy you a new one!

john pen said:
Puff said:

ditto, those are some awesome looking ribs....i gotta agree, the beer/time ratio is a little off, even for during the week.....try to work some shots in with the three beers and you'd be right on pace :)

be delicate when bending the door to fit better, doesn't take too much to make it worse....doesnt help much either if the middle section is slightly out of round, that's the way jasmine was.... :roll:

Rob

The door is technicly designed to be lightweight yet entransocly durable alowwing the precise amount of air flow and heat transference...or..your just not drinking enough..

John I just wanted to make sure I did everything right on the first cook.
Trust me when I get used to it it'll be buisness as usaual :D

Puff said:
John I just wanted to make sure I did everything right on the first cook.
Trust me when I get used to it it'll be buisness as usaual :D

You'll find thats the beauty of the WSM...When I fire up the coffin, it needs tending every twenty min or so..its great with a bunch of buddys sitting around drinking around the smoker...but the wsm allows you the perk of being able to drink alone..wait a min., isn't that a sign of an alcoholic...oh well, if the shoe fits....

Take the door down to your local blacksmith (or metal fabrication shop) and have make a real door out of steel or copper if you have the bucks. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom