My Grill is coming this wknd- weber gold b...any prep b4hand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YardBurner

Senior Cook
Your manual will spell it out for you.

Most mfgs recommend a burn-in to get rid of any
residue from the manufacturing process.

Enjoy your new toy!

run it hot real good first for the burn off, but don't worry about seasoning it with oil or anything...the porcelain coating makes that pretty much not necessary. Congrats.....ready to hear about the cooks....you got a camera?

dOES the same go for a brinkman. I just bought one one last night. It is my first smoker. Never had one, do i have to season it? ALso,does it matter whether i use sand or water in it? I read somewhere about covering it in foil. Do they mean the water or where the coal goes or the bottom of the smoker

CrazyWhiteMan said:
dOES the same go for a brinkman. I just bought one one last night. It is my first smoker. Never had one, do i have to season it? ALso,does it matter whether i use sand or water in it? I read somewhere about covering it in foil. Do they mean the water or where the coal goes or the bottom of the smoker

Hey Crazy, if your talking about a 'bullet' type smoker just wipe out the inside with some soapy water on a sponge and rinse it off. Start off with water in the pan. And CLEAN you cooking grates. After you get the hang of temp control, you can try sand. Using water, foil the outside of the water boil only. This just helps in clean up (it isn't really even needed). You will probably find that you need to drill some holes into the charcoal pan to eat plenty of air to your coals. I did this when I had my brinkman and it helped. I also added a charcoal grate from a Weber Smokey Joe. There are other mods you can find here once you get going a little more.
You will find after a while of using the Brinkman that you will want to upgrade to a Weber WSM (we've all (almost) be there). You can either use the brinkman until you decide if smoking is for you and then upgrade, or you can pay over 3x the price for a WSM now. Also, with the Brinkman, go get a good Thermometer. The one one the Brinkman isn't going to tell you a lot. Good luck on your first cook. We are all here to help you if you need it. Just ask. And don't be afraid to ask what might be a semmingly stupid question... We've all been there.
Good luck our new buddy.

Back
Top Bottom