My first cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bruce B said:
If they made it all the way to Plato, you're never gonna eat!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Kid, I use that rub on pork too! It'll never win a comp. , but it is a great butt rub for eating. Woody

Ok here are the remaining pics. The temp did drop quite a bit last night, with a little wind. I'm thinking that I should have moved the 2 butts up to the top rack in the WSM when I took the brisket off. When I went to check the temp on the butts around 3:00 a.m., the temp was around 220 and the fire was real low. Attempted to stir it a bit and I was pretty much out of coal/wood. So I threw about 30 brickets in with some smaller wood chunks (used Apple and Oak btw), opened all vents 100% and the temp was back up to 250 pretty quickly. Anyways, I think if I ran into that issue again I would probably foil, and get them on the top rack. Not sure how accurate the temp guage was that I had on the lower rack. Old oven thermometer, and it was registering the same as what I was seeing at the lid. All the meat tastes great, I only sampled a few bites as I was cutting and shredding. Heading over to my buddies place to eat it up now. :razz:

img_27136_0_b0529676055b9e9dba4b5f89e537c08e.jpg

img_27136_1_a1df145804591c5d8f3dced89b6226c7.jpg

img_27136_2_b8f71f083e04243807efe949aa90a962.jpg

img_27136_3_37316d08f617297e371334d12ab4ea69.jpg

Can you get any closer?? :eek: :eek: :grin: Looks great and nice smokering!! =D>

Finney said:
Damn Joker... cut the boy some slack.
LOL! Come on, Finney ~ It was a joke, in a good way! Those were some great close-ups!! :(

Both were good. I really liked the brisket and it's kind of cool to be able to turn out some good brisket at home. Can see myself cooking brisket often. PB was good, but end up with a ton of leftovers for a single guy. Glad I bought the foodsaver. :( Next up...ribs. =P~

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom