My first attempt at Beef Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in Columbia....and I know we're not "allowed" to cue beef here in Cackalacy....but I love the beef ribs.....

nobody telling me what I can eat! I made some beef ribs last month, but they were shiners, didn't compare to those! I love the flavor though.

If you do a search at the top of the page, there was a good thread with an excellent pictorial link for cooking beef ribs.

Those look like Short Ribs.
They can be very fatty sometimes but when I find some good lookin' ones they are my favorite beef ribs.
The Shiners, really beef spares trimmed of fat, can also good if the price is right. They usually only have meat at one end and some under the bone.

Jack--

Those look wonderful. I so much prefer cross-cut beef ribs--lets you see what you're getting, imo.

Cruisin'--

I don't temp beef ribs but you can. Done temps can vary though depending on fat marbling/content. I just look at them, tug on the meat when it looks right, and bite it to confirm.

Captain Morgan said:
nobody telling me what I can eat! I made some beef ribs last month, but they were shiners, didn't compare to those! I love the flavor though.

If you do a search at the top of the page, there was a good thread with an excellent pictorial link for cooking beef ribs.

Thats right, anything you want Captain! I hear you loud and clear.
Them ribs do look good by the way. Real good in fact.

Thanks for all the kind remarks!

FYI: Not where I usually go to buy meat....but I found them at a Sam's Club here in Columbia, SC.

I was walking by them and :eek:

I had to grab 'em......

Folks might want to check there...they might have them near you.

Back
Top Bottom