MY EYES ARE BIGGER THAN MY PIT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Just squeezed close to 45lbs of butts onto my WSM. These are for the Saturday graduation party. I'm planning on pulling them when they finish sometime tomorrow night and then reheating for Saturday. I'm using water in the pan vs. the usual sand and I loaded the charcoal ring with as much charcoal as I could get in it without it overflowing with about 8 good size hunks of hickory. We are getting ready to have a heck of a thunderstorm, I have the umbrella up and the ET-73's in Zip Loc bags. I started off with about 15 lit briquettes due to the mass of meat to help get the pit temps up a bit quicker. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Chris Finney said:
You go Q-brother man. Going to be some mighty luck people at your place Saturday.
I wish I was one of them. :-(

Well when Cappy and the Rev show up at your house, hop into a vehicle and get your sorry asses up here!!! Free food, beer and you get to see me! What else could you ask for??????

YardBurner said:
Just the possiblilty of actually seeing you would keep most of us away. I know seeing me would do the same. :)

Have good weather!

:-( :eep:

Full load huh Larry? I've done 6 shoulders but they seem easier to squeeze on. I set them up like a tee pee with the bone end sticking up! Enjoy the meal Saturday.

Captain Morgan said:
yeah dude, do you have any idea how ugly you are?

Yes, my wife tells me all the time!

Nick Prochilo said:
Full load huh Larry? I've done 6 shoulders but they seem easier to squeeze on. I set them up like a tee pee with the bone end sticking up! Enjoy the meal Saturday.

Yeah I think it will take until Saturday to finish them!

Larry,

That's one large load o' pork !!!!!! Betch they come out great. =D>

But the way, the ET's are not waterproof, I have first hand experience. Maybe water reststant. Keep em bagged.

Al

Well I am going on about the 11th of the cook so far and it has been pretty uneventful so far. Except for the torrential downpours we had for most of the night. Woke up around 2am, added some water and tapped the legs to get the ash to fall through. Temps have held very stable all night, meat temps at 163*.

Looking good, Larry. The meat, not you. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that hanging around you, Finney and Capt I'll come off looking like the really good looking guy in the bunch. LOL. Course, that ain't saying much. Give us pics of the final product.

TexLaw said:
That's a big job for that bullet, but it looks like it'a handling it well. May it keep going smoothly!

TL

I love a challenge!!! I think I am going to have a very extended plateau!! Temps have been at 163 for 3 hours now!!! Sweet!!!

About 15 hours into the cook, I just spritzed with a bit of AJ, to get rid of a bit of ash off the meat. Meat temp finally is starting to rise, up to 166*.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom