MY EYES ARE BIGGER THAN MY PIT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
ya know those meat temps will climb quicker if you QUIT TAKING THE TOP OFF! You need one of the grill cam's that Raichlen has.

If I didn't take the pics then you'd be bitching bout that too! :-(

Nick Prochilo said:
Hey Larry, are you switching top ones with the bottom ones at all?

No, I'm not swiching them. They are cooking basically at the same speed, except for the very big one it's still sitting at 168. All the others are at 183 now, I'll pull them at 190, double wrap in AF and put in a cooler and let the big boy finish!

TexLaw said:
Those are looking good, Larry. They're actually coming along faster than I would've guessed. With all that meat, I bet there is enough humidity in that pit to really make those babies succulent. Nice cook!
TL

Tex they are definitely cooking much faster than I thought too! I'm right at the 18 hr mark, I was figuring 20hrs +.

Here's a couple pic's from about an hour ago, sorry Cappy I had to open it again!! :)

Okay I'm done! 5 of them rested in a cooler for 4 hours while the big boy finished. Then it rested for about an hour. They're pulled, packed up and ready for tomorrow. Hope the crowd enjoys it, there's definitely alot of MEAT!

Back
Top Bottom