My 1st Overnight Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
On Friday last week I was driving home when it hit me that I needed to smoke a brisket on Saturday. I bought the brisket and the charcoal. Went home and got the brisket all trimmed up and seasoned for the next day. Put it in the refrigerator for the night. Then at about 8:30 pm my wife looks at me and says "I want to go to Las Veas tomrrow". I looked her as if she was crazy; I had a brisket to smoke!!! So we went to Vegas for the weekend. We got home late Monday night (almost 7 hours to drive home, normally takes 4 hours). So last night I go the smoker going at about 6:30pm and set out to smoke all night. The brisket ended up finishing at about 2:30 this morning and taking pictures at this time is rough. So I just got home after thinking about a BBQ Brisket sandwich all day. It was fantasic. My son Hayden (My middle boy) and I ate a sandwich and we were stuffed, now we have to wait for our dinner sandwich!!!

Attachments

• 008 (640x480).jpg
    008 (640x480).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 007 (640x480).jpg
    007 (640x480).jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 568
  • 005 (640x480).jpg
    005 (640x480).jpg
    168 KB · Views: 554
  • 004 (640x480).jpg
    004 (640x480).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 547
  • 003 (640x480).jpg
    003 (640x480).jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 550
  • 002 (640x480).jpg
    002 (640x480).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 548
  • 001 (640x480).jpg
    001 (640x480).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 556
Toby, could you smell that cooken. Thousand Oaks aint that big. Great looken brisket!!!!!!!! We got to get all the California folks together for a meet and greet grill session in the park some time.

Toby, Did Rachael smell it cookin, she was next door baby-sittin? I agree, we sould all get together and have grill and Q party.

I know there is one of us in San Diego, One in Riverside, Me in Costa Mesa and you two up in the valley. That's 5. Maybe we could get the other regulars to fly out ;)

Mighty fine looking brisket TimBear. I see you and your wife "compromised". (read: did what she wanted) That seems to keep the misses happy and off your tail to do what you want at times. PLUS, it's Vegas! Seems like a win, win situation.

Tri Tip said:
Toby, could you smell that cooken. Thousand Oaks aint that big. Great looken brisket!!!!!!!! We got to get all the California folks together for a meet and greet grill session in the park some time.

I agree Tri Tip. I've been thinkin about that for the past few years but with folks schedules it's tough. We need to make this happen. If we could find a place where folks could camp via rv, trailer, tent what ever, would be the best. I know there would be some beer consumption and I'm all about not drinking and driving. Anyone else in or have any ideas when or where?

Toby keil said:
[quote="Tri Tip":1xvyq8mh]Toby, could you smell that cooken. Thousand Oaks aint that big. Great looken brisket!!!!!!!! We got to get all the California folks together for a meet and greet grill session in the park some time.

I agree Tri Tip. I've been thinkin about that for the past few years but with folks schedules it's tough. We need to make this happen. If we could find a place where folks could camp via rv, trailer, tent what ever, would be the best. I know there would be some beer consumption and I'm all about not drinking and driving. Anyone else in or have any ideas when or where?[/quote:1xvyq8mh]

Well I only have a tent. But I'm down. I agree with the drinken. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a spot.

I put the meat in the smoker, put the thermometer in and set it to 190*. Got the temp settled in at 235* (had 5 beers) and went to bed. Got up at 1:30 am checked the temp; the smoker was up to 250* so I closed a vent by about 1/8", the meat was at 165*. When the thermometer went off at 2:30am I wrapped it in foil and put it in the ice chest with blankets and let it sit in there for about 3 hours. It then went into the refigerator.

Back
Top Bottom