Must be time for a brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Im off this weekend so I have to cook something.......I think it is a law. :LOL:

12lb packer lightly trimmed and rubbed with a salt base rub and a little extra garlic. No sugar in this rub. It is not injected either. Kingsford and hickory for heat and smoke.

My alarm didn't get set properly so it didn't go off when the internal temp reached 195. After only nine hours this 12lb brisket is butter knife tender. What I am not sure about is how long it has been that way.

The internal temp is reading 215.

I am resting it in the oven instead of a cooler in hopes that the cooking process will slow.

I decided to not bore everyone with details about how I thought the brisket was over cooked. I decieded to just leave ya'll with a couple of pics.

The only thing I would change is to set my alarm. What went wrong was that my maverick didn't go off so the brisket didn't get pulled until the internal temp was 215.

It was falling apart tender but good.

Since you twisted my arm here are the other pics. ;)

Why did I have to see that?? Now I want to do a brisket tomorrow. Looks awsome, those brisket bites, the slices, the shreaded. All of it looks great! Great job

That looked excellent Cliff! I always set my therms at 190*. Then when the alarm goes off I still know I'll have some cooking time left and won't overcook them. I did find this out the hard way! At least we still get to eat the mistakes! Was the problem with the Maverick or the nut behind the thermometer?

Back
Top Bottom