Mothers Day Butts & Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
A couple of butts and a small brisket in the Smokin Tex ready to get started.

Eleven hours later after being foiled and resting for awhile in a cooler.

Smokers like the ST are very well sealed and retain a lot of moisture so they produce delicious butts and briskets. In order to get a smoke ring you have to put some charcoal in the firebox with the wood chunks, I do not bother with it.

You can't taste the smoke ring!!! So all it does it makes the meat look pretty! That meat looks beautiful even without the smoke ring!! Nice job John!!

Larry Wolfe said:
You can't taste the smoke ring!!! So all it does it makes the meat look pretty! That meat looks beautiful even without the smoke ring!! Nice job John!!

I had some idiots tell me that the meat wasen't cooked when they saw the smoke ring :D
Great job John

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3j5lq8jb]You can't taste the smoke ring!!! So all it does it makes the meat look pretty! That meat looks beautiful even without the smoke ring!! Nice job John!!

I had some idiots tell me that the meat wasen't cooked when they saw the smoke ring :D
Great job John[/quote:3j5lq8jb]

I hear that a lot....dontcha love it?!?!

SteerCrazy said:
007bond-jb said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3lgy9dh8]You can't taste the smoke ring!!! So all it does it makes the meat look pretty! That meat looks beautiful even without the smoke ring!! Nice job John!!

Great job John

I hear that a lot....dontcha love it?!?![/quote:3lgy9dh8]
I love it when they look at my brisket and try to figure out why it's pink on the outside and brown in the middle.."how did you do that".....
like that old song.....here's your sign.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom