More Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I had some other beef and pork spares that were in the fridge. I didn't really feel like cooking today, but I gotta figure this smoke ring thing out.

2 racks of beef ribs rubbed with worcestershire and Slabs "Wow your Cow Beef Rub" cause I was out of my personal stock of WRB! The spares I trimmed St. Louis style and I'm saving the trimmings to attempt Chinese Roast pork soon. I rubbed the spares liberally with Wolfe Rub Original. I've added apple juice and water to the drip pans to see if addition moisture in the oval helps produce a smoke ring.

Good luck but it dose not matter it just looks good. I wish i was cooking but its rain and i don't want to get wet today.

The Missing Link said:
Good luck but it dose not matter it just looks good. I wish i was cooking but its rain and i don't want to get wet today.
You're right Chris is doesn't matter, but I want one!!! :cry: LOL

I heard about all the rain you guys are getting. Hope all is well!! My wife and daughter are going down to Austin/Killeen next week!

Captain Morgan said:
Da Burnt Food Dood speaks the truth.

I agree and I've always done my meat this way! With the WSM and Primo I put the cold meat onto a cold cooker and add lit coals (WSM) and torch the lump (Primo) and let it come to temp from there. WSM I got a great smoke ring, Primo none......But this is something I'm doing wrong, because I see folks cooking on Primo's and BGE's and Grill Domes with perfect beautiful smoke rings. I'll figure it out. I had a friend tell me he had the same problem for the longest time, tried everything in the book with no results. Then one day he started getting a smoke ring again, so who knows????

Well even folks with bad karma can get a good smokering using Tender Quick. Now the only thang it be closer to pink than red and way too deep to be real. Betcha it could fool a yankee purty quick:)

bigwheel

Griff said:
You don't get a good smoke ring unless your karma is good.

I googled the problem and then tried the AskJeeves search engine. There is nothing on the topic Larry. If you figure it out let me know cuz I may need to know someday. :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
I googled the problem and then tried the AskJeeves search engine. There is nothing on the topic Larry. If you figure it out let me know cuz I may need to know someday. :LOL:

I will, thanks for helping Cliff!

Beef ribs are done....................no smoke ring! But taste off the hook! Doh!

bigwheel said:
Well even folks with bad karma can get a good smokering using Tender Quick. Now the only thang it be closer to pink than red and way too deep to be real. Betcha it could fool a yankee purty quick:)

bigwheel

If I want to taste ham, I'll buy a ham.

Spares are done and turned out excellent. Rubbed with WRO and glazed with TPJ Peach Habanero. Still searching for my Primo smoke ring..........

Them look good Larry. Looks like them primo's do ribs ok. ;)

I feel under pressure a bit for some reason. Maybe it is because I am about to post my finished ribs. :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
Them look good Larry. Looks like them primo's do ribs ok. ;)

I feel under pressure a bit for some reason. Maybe it is because I am about to post my finished ribs. :LOL:

Yes Cliff the Primo cooks perfect ribs! I think I was just given a possible reason for the lack of smoke ring. I was suggested to switch to a different lump. I will try that and fill you guys in to see if that works!!! Really makes sense to me though, cause if that doesn't work I give up!!!

I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of the problem Mr. Wolfe.
But those bones did look great!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom