Mondaycook..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Well, after spending a few hours working on my smoker, I had to try it out. Ive got a couple of racks of ribs and a turkey in....

And the finished product...Dessert was home made cheesecake with cherries...

And my toughest critic...she chowed on the turkey but didn't like the ribs..

Fine looking dinner Mr.Penn!
Kid's sure tell it like it is don't they! She's a cutie ;)

Great looking food! I don't blame your cutie, I don't care for ribs that much either. lol

(Yeah, I know I just committed blasphemy here, maybe I should have saved that comment for the Blue Room!)

Green Hornet said:
Looks fantastic John. Cutie kiddie too! What did you wind up doing to the smoker?

I welded all the seams between the firebox and the chamber...and removed a baffle plate in the firebox which is an old wood stove. I also cut a small "door" on the oppisite end and made a hanger for a 5 gal bucket. I can tip the smoker up a bit and hose it out into the bucket....

And the little cutie is my grand daughter...she loves my pulled pork, brisket and turkey, but wont eat my ribs...

wittdog said:
Looks great John...how did the mods for the coffin work....and did you make some gravy?

Coffin worked a little better...still not happy with it. Temps are up and down, Had no problem getting it hot, but when i closed down the fire, temps dropped quickly...I think its time to build a new one...

And good call on the gravy...It was awesome..

john pen said:
wittdog said:
Looks great John...how did the mods for the coffin work....and did you make some gravy?

Coffin worked a little better...still not happy with it. Temps are up and down, Had no problem getting it hot, but when i closed down the fire, temps dropped quickly...I think its time to build a new one... :twisted:

And good call on the gravy...It was awesome..
Well John..when you get ready to build a new one let me know...I'll be happy to help...glad you went the gravy way.

wittdog said:
john pen said:
If we could only find a way to deep fry gravy, it could be the perfect food !!
Now if it was wrapped in bacon...and then deep fryed......now we could be talking...

The gravy could be frozen, then wrapped in bacon and cheese, then deep fryed with a bowl of gravy on the side for dipping..

Back
Top Bottom