Mo Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
My newest bestest friend neighbor dropped by last week with 2 fresh pork bellies! I made one with salt- brown sugar black pepper. And the other was salt-brown sugar and honey. I used some Hickory chunks in the smoker and just took them off and I am waiting for them to cool down a bit before I slice them up. :P

Goodness any thread with bacon in the title will get my attention. Looks AWESOME. Um does your new best friend need another best friend>??

Very nice. I have a place to get pork bellies now but I need to order a case. He said it was 30 pounds. I believe it will be two in the case but not sure. The cost is $2.18 a pound.

Mr green hornet, I hate to show my ignoance here but hey it is what it is. As I read your post, it sounds like you just smoked the pork bellies and did not cure them into bacon. If not I just misunderstood, if so, what does it taste like when sliced and fried - bacon or a pork chop, or? Thanks

No prob dude.
Yes they were cured for 10 days in the fridge. I had 2 bellies and cut them into 3 pieces.
I did this about a month ago and enjoyed it alot. I was just trying out the honey version this time along with the brown sugar and pepper that I liked from the 1st time.
look under the "what to do with pork bellies" and my "Baconator" thread for more if yer interseted.
Nothing quite like it ;)

Back
Top Bottom