Minion method using wok pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BuffaloBBQ

Cook
Just curious...

Has anyone attempted the Minion method using a wok pan for their coals? If so, how'd it work and how many coals did you use to start? I'd like to try this on my next smoke. Thanks in advance!

Seems you could use the Minion Method with any vessel you use to cook, a bunch not lit charcoal, a few lit coals and voila you have a fire!

I've tried previously using a full pan of coals and placing a few lit ones on top, and it still wants to burn too quickly. Any thoughts? :confused:

Shut off some air intake. That should slow it down. The Wok might also help since it can't get any air to the fire from the bottom side...unless you have a holey wok..lol. The ECB firpans now come without any holes. I cant keep the fire lit and churnng out heat let alone burning it up too fast. Im wondering if the charcoal is actually being consumed or maybe smothering itself out because of the build up of dead ashes.

Shut off some air intake. That should slow it down. The Wok might also help since it can't get any air to the fire from the bottom side...unless you have a holey wok..lol. The ECB firpans now come without any holes. I cant keep the fire lit and churnng out heat let alone burning it up too fast. Im wondering if the charcoal is actually being consumed or maybe smothering itself out because of the build up of dead ashes.

Not sure...I do have a grill wok (the holy kind). I just bought some XL BGE felt to seal my smoker with. Hopefully that will stop any heat and smoke leaking out. Will also try closing off the air intake vents a bit (or completely).

Back
Top Bottom