Mike Davis BBQ Class - Anyone Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too pricey. I'll need the money to finish paying for my pit and the trip down. You goin?? For 2-3 comps a year I don't think it's worth it right now for me. If you plan on doing about 8-10 I'd think about it.

I already sent the application in. I'm going to try to do more comps this year than last. I'm shooting for 4-6 but its a little hard to find that many within a reasonable distance. No more than a 10 hour drive for me!

For $500 bucks I'll give you a class on my gas assisted, charcoal, wood burning, stoker assisted, rotisserie cooker if you bring the beer and meat and rub and charcoal and wood and propane!

Uncle Bubba said:
Too pricey. I'll need the money to finish paying for my pit and the trip down. You goin?? For 2-3 comps a year I don't think it's worth it right now for me. If you plan on doing about 8-10 I'd think about it.

Bubba,

Here's what I'm thinking so far, subject to change of course

1. Pigs In The Park
Danville, VA 5/18-5/19

2. Guitar B-Q
Asbury Park, N.J. July 7-8

3. Madison Ribberfest
Madison, IN 8/17-8/18

4. New Holland, PA
8/24-8/25

5. Silver Lake, MI
September 14-15th(Bruce or Puff do you know anything about this one

6. Oinktoberfest
Clarence, NY 9/28-9/29

7. Nelsonville, OH
October 19th-20th

I'd like to add another in June but I'm having trouble finding a contest close to home.

Larry Wolfe said:
For $500 bucks I'll give you a class on my gas assisted, charcoal, wood burning, stoker assisted, rotisserie cooker if you bring the beer and meat and rub and charcoal and wood and propane!
I don't care who ya are, that's funny! :LOL:

Kloset...no Grand Rapids?? Not sure if we are doing that one either. Depends upon how the paying gigs are working out by then. I'd like to do New Holland. I'll have to check with Woodman. I'll drive the new tank over there for that one. Again, depends upon the catering schedules for bofe of us. Probably lay low this year and see where things end up. Definitely Oinkerfest and Nelsonville.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Dallas: I don't think he will get many takers in Clarence. But I could be wrong. That's allot of dough. :shock:

Pigs, I believe those are the contests Kloset is planning on attending...not bbq classes.

Hoss's BBQ said:
Kloset BBQR

You should check out snowshoe WV it is a great contest location on top of the mountain at snowshoe. Bill's grill was there the past two years.
[/quote]

Thanks Hoss, I must have missed that one on the KCBS calendar. What are the dates for the contest. That isn't the contest where there was the delay with the payouts is it? If not it sounds like a good one and fairly close to home as well.

brian j said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":1jlqcxf5]Bubba,

Here's what I'm thinking so far, subject to change of course

1. Pigs In The Park
Danville, VA 5/18-5/19

2. Guitar B-Q
Asbury Park, N.J. July 7-8

3. Madison Ribberfest
Madison, IN 8/17-8/18

4. New Holland, PA
8/24-8/25

5. Silver Lake, MI
September 14-15th(Bruce or Puff do you know anything about this one

6. Oinktoberfest
Clarence, NY 9/28-9/29

7. Nelsonville, OH
October 19th-20th

I'd like to add another in June but I'm having trouble finding a contest close to home.
glad to see you're venturing into va and pa. looks like you and i will be meeting up at #1 and #4. first round is on me. ;) and if memory servers correctly i owe rich decker a clonecycle in new halland... so i guess the second round is on me too... [smilie=a_whyme.gif][/quote:1jlqcxf5]

Brian, I look forward to meeting you. I'm curious to check out the clonesickles everyone talks about.

Larry Wolfe said:

Where's the sign up sheet? :LOL:

Congratulations Thom! I know that it's a lot of work getting talent like that to teach a class. When do you start taking reservations for the Lilly class?

Back
Top Bottom