Memphis In May Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Guys I haven't had a chance to put captions on these but you should recognize some of the faces (Dr. BBQ and John Willingham).

The event was fantastic, got to eat a lot of great Q. I'll post more in depth later but just want to say that Memphis is one great town.

I also made side trips to Graceland and the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. I'll post pictures of those some time late this week.

http://community.webshots.com/user/dpacker01

P.S. They threw Dr. BBQ for a loop by having him cook on Viking Kitchen Equipment. He burnt the outside of the porkchops and the middle was still
raw. Had to throw the chops back on the fire. He was very good natured about it though.

Thanks Guys, I really had a great time. This trip was really kind of dedicated to my Mom who really thought that I should pursue this passion of ours called BBQ. I was going to go last year but my Mom got very ill and passed away last August but a few months before she did she suggested that I go to MIM. We were watching a show about it on the Food Network. Well this year I did. The thing that gave me kind of goose bumps was that I kind of felt like she was there. My Mom is a first generation American. Her entire family came over on the boat from Ireland. Each year the Memphis in May festival honors a different country and asks each contestant to work that country into their theme for their display. This year the honored country was Ireland. My Mom would have been proud!

I'll try to write a much more thorough review tonight. There are so many things to talk about but I can honestly say it was the best BBQ experience of my life and I met so many great BBQ people there. If any of you ever get the chance to go, please jump at it. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed!

Great Pics Kloset. About a month or so more notice and I could have joined you. I have a ton of days off to burn this month and next. Oh well, next year. Maybe we can get Woody to go and make it a road trip. Lookin forward to hearing what you saw. See ya next month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom