Memorial Day Cook BBB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well guys is 1:00 and the Butts and Brisket are going on Buford. I will be using Hump Lump, Cherry and Pecan. Tonight Pigs and his wife Val are coming by to sample some Sausage and help on this sometimes delicate cook. I will try to keep you posted. We are planning on eating tomarrow between 3 and 4. If you leave now you can make it. =P~

Looks great.....I see by the bottle cap in the corner you've already started your memorial day weekend! I did 2 butts and 1 brisket last weekend, put 1 brisket on 1 WSM and 2 butts on the other WSM, good 15 hour smoking they came out great......would love to see the finished product

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Looks great.....I see by the bottle cap in the corner you've already started your memorial day weekend! I did 2 butts and 1 brisket last weekend, put 1 brisket on 1 WSM and 2 butts on the other WSM, good 15 hour smoking they came out great......would love to see the finished product
Stay tuned. I did 2 butts and a brisket last week in my WSM and they came out great. This time it's Bufords turn.

I'd be interested to see how they come out compared to the WSM......I've been considering getting a smoker with side smoke box.....can't wait!

Well it is now raining on my parade. Luckily Buford and my hammock are strategically postioned under 2 big maple tress. It's not as nice a Zilla's Q bana but I am told they do everything BIGGER in Texas :razz: . The rain doesn’t seem to be affecting Buford in the slightest. My temp is holding steady at 223* . This will be my first cook in the heavy rain so it will be a good learning experience. I may have to switch to the JD in order to fight the effects of hydrothermia. I think it may be time to toss on a couple of fatties.

wittdog said:
Well it is now raining on my parade. Luckily Buford and my hammock are strategically postioned under 2 big maple tress. It's not as nice a Zilla's Q bana but I am told they do everything BIGGER in Texas :razz: . The rain doesn’t seem to be affecting Buford in the slightest. My temp is holding steady at 223* . This will be my first cook in the heavy rain so it will be a good learning experience. I may have to switch to the JD in order to fight the effects of hydrothermia. I think it may be time to toss on a couple of fatties.

That would be hyperthermia, hydrothermia would indicate electricity and that's BAD. :grin:

Bruce B said:
wittdog said:

That would be hyperthermia, hydrothermia would indicate electricity and that's BAD. :grin:

I thought hydro meant water. I was inventing my own word as opposed to hypothermia. Instead of low body temp more like a wet dog…………………….I guess no one around here gets my sense of humor... :)

hydro-

prefix
1. water, liquid, moisture
hydrobiology

2. hydrogen
hydrocarbon

[From Greek hudr- , the stem of hudōr “water.â€

Man am I back in school :eek:
Lets talk about drinkin' Jack, and cookin' meat :!:
:bar:

wittdog said:
I'm about 5 hrs in and the Brisket is at 142* and the Butts are at 76*. The fatties have another hour.
Mine have been on less than 2 hours with a pit temp of 223º and the one with the probe is at 101º. :eek:

Well the Butts are actually at 150* I either need to change the batteries or I have issues with the probe. That 76* didn't sound right to me either. I did the boiling water test a few days ago and all the temps were pretty close. 8-[ Good call Joker.

Well it was the batteries. I had 3 and need 4. I also got my charcoal basket going but I am currently having problems getting the pit temp up. I think I’m not getting enough air flow to the lit charcoal. I put a 20lb bag of lump in the basket……………………………I’ll try to post a pic later.

wittdog said:
Well it was the batteries. I had 3 and need 4. I also got my charcoal basket going but I am currently having problems getting the pit temp up. I think I’m not getting enough air flow to the lit charcoal. I put a 20lb bag of lump in the basket……………………………I’ll try to post a pic later.
Try a blowdryer :!:

Puff said:
wittdog said:
That's a good idea I think it's called a guru? :grin: :hide: I just needed to get enough charcoal lit.

wittdog said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:
That's a good idea I think it's called a guru? :grin: :hide: I just needed to get enough charcoal lit.
It can't breathe, Dave. It's really packed in there!

Back
Top Bottom