Memorial Day Bar-B-Que

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashyface

Cook
It's coming up fast. I sure would like to know what some of you guys are planning to serve at home, so that I could cherry pick some ideas for myself. Thanks guys.

Hey Ashyface, I think I'm up for some MOINK balls to start. I've seen a couple of posts that have me really interested. I've never tried them so this is probably a good time to do it. After that, I'm not so sure. Good thing you've started this string. I'll keep watching.

I've never heard of those before Smokey Lew, thanks for giving me the heads-up; I'll check that out.

I figure I could go Pork Butt, Brisket, Beef Ribs, Home-made Mustard/Hard Boiled Egg Potato Salad, Home-Made Baked Beans with brown sugar and bacon, Green Bean Salad, Onions/Peppers/Pickles, Home-made Rolls, Sweet-Potato Pie, and Iced-Tea, but I've done some version of that many times. I'd really like to interject a few new ideas.

Good question Ashey, I'll be grilling some quail I just took out of the freezer. Got some 1/4 lb dogs for some time this weekend and a boudin stuffed boneless chicken. I'm also having a hankering for some New Orleans BBQ shrimp.(not bbq like on a grill)I'll post some pics of that if I do it. I'll have to check with my seafood people to see if they have any shrimp what with so many shrimping clossures here in Louisiana.
I think I'm gonna do a bunch of ABT's too! To top it off maybe, some homemade ice cream.

I don't post too often but, I do keep an eye on you guys and ya'll do some fine cooking. I'll try to post more often. Have a safe weekend.

We are going to the local town park to scarf down on dogs, burgers, beef on wick, and blooming onion. Oh yea, fries, and lord knows what else the folk have to vend there. I'm sure there will be some "road side chicken" there too. Last year we couldn't make this jazz at home for as little as they were selling it. Kind of nice when you can get great chow on the cheap and not have to cook it yourself. :D

Pigs

Quail and Bloomin' Onion...I'm sorry guys, I'm kiping those from ya; great ideas and while out of the ordinary, not too-much so. Thanks guys; keep 'em comin'!

I'm planning on doing a Santa Maria style BBQ with the traditional sides on Monday. Have to work the rest of the weekend.

I got the fixin's for ABT's and hope to do them Saturday or Monday, with some burgers and corn. Sunday night headed to Columbus to see James Taylor and Carol King, Tuesday night to Nashville, Ryman Auditorium to see Neil Young and eat at Jack's Bar-B-Que. I'm kicking the summer off right, but not sure how I'll follow it up :D

Well as yall know I take very little caca off wimmen even though they do control 99% of the money and 100 percent of the other stuff to which some menfolks is partial (learnt this in sales along with whut goes around comes around). In excercising certain obligations to be in charge of the operation I am thinking of taking the bold move to just tell The Little Bride to bring me some food up under the shade of the pee can tree whilst enjoing a sophisticated adult beverage or two. Now if anbody brave enough and want to bet this be Mission Impossible I will pay off on the odds of two to one. Let me know. I do not accept pay pal. Thanks. Giant tip of the hat to them who has fought..served or stayed behind to guard the civilians on this Memorial Day. Praying hard for each member of that class of folks past present and future.

bigwheel

I have to work on the house all weekend. We have a party on the 4th at my house so I got a lot of work to do on the yard.
But deffinatly do some corn.

Had pulled pork sammies & burgoo last night (I didn't cook :oops:)
Ms BluzQue has been hintin' around for a week for a steak....guess
I'm gonna have to oblige her :LOL:

8)

Vermin999 said:
I'm planning on doing a Santa Maria style BBQ with the traditional sides on Monday. Have to work the rest of the weekend.

Are you cooking Pinquito Beans? I love those beans anyway you cook them!

Ashyface said:
It's coming up fast. I sure would like to know what some of you guys are planning to serve at home, so that I could cherry pick some ideas for myself. Thanks guys.

Boston Butt, Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, Potato Salad, Slaw, Cornbread, Homemade Sourdough Bread, and Cold Beverages.

Cooked for a party of 30 today.
8 racks o' spares
3 dozen smoked chicken wings (with handles)
2 dozen of above mentioned chicken brestess
25 moinkballs
25 ABT's
Too many beers to count :mrgreen:

3 Olives said:
Ashyface said:

Boston Butt, Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, Potato Salad, Slaw, Cornbread, Homemade Sourdough Bread, and Cold Beverages.

Charlotte is about 90 minutes away. What time do you plan to start serving? :mrgreen:

Well my scene got out of control fast. I had some donations for the party, and the wife had her own ideas, so we're now doing Boston Butt, Beef Ribs, Pork Ribs, Bone-in Chicken, and Sausage. Plus a whole mess of sides that I don't even want to get into. The word is out that old Ashyface is into the Bar-B-Que scene, and so it's "I want you to do this, and this, and this, and this" ad nauseum. Eyeee! I'm going to be cooking all day. I'm going to start prepping stuff right now. :(

Puff said:
Cooked for a party of 30 today.
8 racks o' spares
3 dozen smoked chicken wings (with handles)
2 dozen of above mentioned chicken brestess
25 moinkballs
25 ABT's
Too many beers to count :mrgreen:

Pics ???

Back
Top Bottom