Memorial Day Bar-B-Que

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Work in progress, but here is my first pic. This went on about 1 PM, so I'll be pulling it off about 1 AM. I poured an extra coat of dry-rub on it after snapping this pic (my rub kind of slid off one side overnight in the fridge).

29275_1414359151754_1015802038_31200350_2731182_n.jpg

Well you are off to a geat start. I think I may revise previous plans here in a bit and cook some steaks and maybe baked tates on the gasser. That should make her happy..unless the steaks are too rare or overcooked (We like the hot pink middles.) That scary scenario put us back to square one on the happy trail.

bigwheel

You can never go wrong with well done Steak & Taters bigwheel! Say, you know what this joint needs? A little BBQ Music! :)

[youtube:a64r74oa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljf4Lpj7CI[/youtube:a64r74oa]

[youtube:a64r74oa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnu6ui_8nI0[/youtube:a64r74oa]

[youtube:a64r74oa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPFenEhqUIU[/youtube:a64r74oa]

There have been tons of beef ribs around here lately so I went to buy some today but came home with a brisket instead.

Larry D. said:
[quote="3 Olives":3ejsc9z6]
Ashyface said:
It's coming up fast. I sure would like to know what some of you guys are planning to serve at home, so that I could cherry pick some ideas for myself. Thanks guys.

Boston Butt, Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, Potato Salad, Slaw, Cornbread, Homemade Sourdough Bread, and Cold Beverages.

Charlotte is about 90 minutes away. What time do you plan to start serving? :mrgreen:[/quote:3ejsc9z6]
6:00 or 7:00 LMK how many you are bringing with you.

Griff said:
Puff said:
Cooked for a party of 30 today.
8 racks o' spares
3 dozen smoked chicken wings (with handles)
2 dozen of above mentioned chicken brestess
25 moinkballs
25 ABT's
Too many beers to count :mrgreen:

Pics ???
Didn't even think about bringing the camera. Too busy.
Doing another party in the middle of June. I'll try then. :mrgreen:

Ashyface said:
Well my scene got out of control fast. I had some donations for the party, and the wife had her own ideas, so we're now doing Boston Butt, Beef Ribs, Pork Ribs, Bone-in Chicken, and Sausage. Plus a whole mess of sides that I don't even want to get into. The word is out that old Ashyface is into the Bar-B-Que scene, and so it's "I want you to do this, and this, and this, and this" ad nauseum. Eyeee! I'm going to be cooking all day. I'm going to start prepping stuff right now. :(

Asyface, Hang in there. We have an 80+ party/bbq at my pad for the 4th. It's me and a teammate cooken for all of em. I'm already preparing. The recognigion you'll get is worth the effort.

Looks better than pretty nice Ashyface, great lookin' PP! Did you find the answer to ABT? Atomic Buffalo Terds, a Jalapeno, cored, stuffed with almost anything and most times wrapped with bacon, grilled or smoked. Put them on your project list they are great/

Just poking my head in real quick from the melee; Hey, thanks bbquzz! I had not found the definition yet, but yeah, they're basically Texas Rattle Snake Eggs; just filled from the top, instead of split down the middle. I'm making some right now as a matter of fact. That said, thanks for the heads-up. Ok, grabbing my apron...once more, into the breach!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom