Mem. Day weekend cooks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
I just got home with my brisket, first one I've done in 2 years. I'll be reading through all the recent posts on this topic.

Also got an unbelievable deal on some thighs, so I'll probably eat that tonight while the beef is smoking.

What about youse guys?

Captain Morgan said:
I just got home with my brisket, first one I've done in 2 years. I'll be reading through all the recent posts on this topic.

Also got an unbelievable deal on some thighs, so I'll probably eat that tonight while the beef is smoking.

What about youse guys?

Dungeness Crab Legs tonight

KC Masterpiece- Spicy Caribbean Jerk and Ginger & Garlic Marinaded Chicken/Bacon wrapped skewers for Saturday

2 racks of pork spares, one rack of beef spares, corn on the cob and beans done in the smoker for Sunday.

Just finished grilling for the guys here at work - bbq sauce marinated pork cutlets, hot dogs, hamburgs, and pork cutlet pinwheels (julienned carrot, green, yellow and red peppers, vidalia onion and pecorino romano cheese) marinated in itlalian dressing. Chicken salad (from leftover bbq'd chicken), green salad, followed by whitehouse cherry klondike bars. =P~

Tomorrow is pork shoulder and spare ribs. It's actually getting nice out here (there's a big bright thing in the sky, wasn't sure what it was at first :D ), so while the WSMis running I'll be drinking summer specials (pink lemonade and absolut)....wooohoooo......

Rob

wow Rob, pics of the pinwheels? They sound great? What cut did you use?

I'm starting my brisket in a couple of hours....

Here's the meat and then trimmed and rubbed...

Comments and advice are welcome...I'm a Carolina boy!

Sorry cappie, no pics...didn't even think of it, even though we probably have a half dozen or so digital cameras around here....

The pork cutlet that I used for them looked to be a thin slice (about 1/4") of shoulder cut...kind of a pain to find pieces good enough to make wraps with, so the pinwheels varied in width...held them together with a couple of toothpicks....no complaints from the chowhounds....

Rob

no guarantee Nick...the first I ever cooked (4 or 5 years ago) was a corned beef brisket. It's all they had at the store, and I thought it was all them Texas boys were talking about. I kept saying.."This tastes like pastrami!"

Second and third I overcooked (now I now) cause I just thought it was like pot roast, except drier.

I'm hoping this one tastes like steak. 4 pm eastern, it's on with hickory...

Dang Tex, I thought I was getting a deal! I always heard that Texas/KC had higher brisket prices cause of high demand!

Thanks for ruining that part of my weekend. :-X :eek: :grin:

Looks good Cappy! You're gonna have a great lunch tomorrow! Lots of black pepper, I love black pepper!! Keep us up to date with pics!

Did a 7lb pork butt for the Airboss today for lunch...it was, of ocurse, a success...made some home made sauce and some baked beans w/ PP in it! A great lunch..no dinner for me, to full!! #-o

Going to Rempshaker's place on Monday for a cook-out at his house...will report back, maybe some pics too! :D

Well my son is coming home on leave tomorrow. When we get home from the airport, I'll make some turkey and chuck roast taquitos. Sunday afternoon, the family is coming to free load off of me and to see my son. I'm doing spare ribs and chicken thighs. Monday I'm marching in the parade, then burgers and beer back at the firehouse. Later that night some of my sons friends are coming over for more burgers and I'll probably cook up a batch of ABTs for them. Then.................ahhhhhh, back to work on Tuesday for a much needed break! Hope everybody enjoys their weekend!

Hey Cap,

Use anything else in the rub besides black pepper? That thing looks huge, bigger than 12lbs.

Keep us posted.

well the label said 12.06 pounds, so I'm just guessing! :D

Damn sure looks big to me! I've got the wsm fairly stable, and planning on going to bed soon. Will I wake up in time? The fire burned hot early, and the coals may not last till I get up!

That said, I got up at 4:30 this morning, and I'm going to bed! :eek:

Overslept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) (wonder what causes that?)

WSM was on it's way below 150 when I finally stumbled out there.
No idea how high the brisket got, but it's done!

The flat is a little drier than I wanted, but tender. The point has enough fat to still be juicy.

Back
Top Bottom