Meatloafing time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Part Larry's recipe, part Griff's recipe, part my recipe....good stuff! I had aroun 8 lb's of chuck and a pound of pork sweet sausage...but decided to keep the batches small. Came out good enough for 2.5 loafs....need a lil more next time.

Smoked with a little cherry, and 1 small chunk apple at 300 for around 1.5 hours til it with 170.

Sliced pics on the cutting board that my Dad (Trekr) made. :shock: Thanks Dad! :D

AWESOME MEATLOAF SCOTTY!! Man I wish I had a cutting board that nice! Beautiful job Trekr!

Cutting board

Sorry Guys, The cutting board is one of a kind for our one of a kind Son. The meatloaf was great. We even walked away with some to enjoy later.
Life is good.

Nick Prochilo said:
Excellent job Scotty on both the cutting board and the meatloafs. Did you get a smoke ring on the bottom with the parchment paper?

Yup, here's some leftovers of the small one....what was left after a sammich this mornin with mayo n horseradish!
pict0422od1.jpg

Griff said:
Excellent looking loaf Scotty. Do you mind telling us what the recipe tweeks were?
Not at all...

It was basically Larry's recipe (with WRB, ketchup, onion n green pepper), with the pork sausage (cept I used sweet) and cheese from Yours, and just added some assorted spices....(lil Lawrey's, onion, garlic powda, etc )

I lightly sauteed the onions and peppers with a bay leaf, mixed the rest (with an extra egg), and put it in the loaf pans, and packed it down good. Then smokeage!

Thanks to both of ya for the inspiration!

ScottyDaQ said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Excellent job Scotty on both the cutting board and the meatloafs. Did you get a smoke ring on the bottom with the parchment paper?

Yup, here's some leftovers of the small one....what was left after a sammich this mornin with mayo n horseradish!
pict0422od1.jpg

Bringing tears of joy to my eyes! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom