Meatloaf, Finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vom_Willemstad_K-9 said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2vc5cuh4]
(burp), man it tasted good too!

Would it be possible to post your recipe up in the recipe section? Sounds great.

Great photos! Beautiful smoke ring!

-Adrian[/quote:2vc5cuh4]

Adrian, I don't really have an exact recipe but here are the ingredients. I didn't measure anything so I don't have specifics for you, sorry.

Ketchup
Mustard
Fresh Garlic
Fresh Onion
Worchestershire Sauce
Kosher Salt
Fresh Black Pepper
6 Eggs
Bread Crumbs

Great lookin ML Lary, and, as usual, great pics.

You pulled at 160F? I wonder what I do different, when I check them at 160F they are still a little bloody and squishy inside, your looks cooked through and through. No big, I aint't gonna get hung up on internal temp, probably just a difference in the equipment or how or where the temp is measured.

I pull mine at 160* and then let them sit if wait any longer on the grill they will dry out, here are some i did earlier this afternoon
)

Shawn White said:
Great lookin ML Lary, and, as usual, great pics.

You pulled at 160F? I wonder what I do different, when I check them at 160F they are still a little bloody and squishy inside, your looks cooked through and through. No big, I aint't gonna get hung up on internal temp, probably just a difference in the equipment or how or where the temp is measured.

Shawn that's interesting? I stuck the ET-73 probe into the center of the loaf, mid depth into the meat. I hate to ask this cause I'm sure you have but I gotta ask anyways, sorry. Have you calibrated your thermometer lately? I am very anal about that, and will calibrate both the pit thermometer and the meat thermometer before every cook. That is the only difference I can even think of with yours not being cooked through at 160*. Let me know if and when you find the culprit, I'd like to know.

BTW, thanks for the compliment on the pics!

Back
Top Bottom