Maverick In the Rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oak

Senior Cook
I plan on trying my first overnight with my new 18.5 WSM. I was hoping to get a few minutes of shuteye and hope that the Maverick wakes me up if temperature goes out of range. Of course it's supposed to rain occasionally this evening and I was wondering if anyone knows if I need to protect the Maverick with a plastic bag or is it weather resistant?

Thanks,
Oak

Use a zip loc and close it all the way with just the wires sticking through the bottom. Then hang it on your WSM as usual, I do it like that all the time and it doesn't get hot enough to melt the back and there is no way for the water to get in.

I use bags on my guru and mavericks. Also, a plastic food storage box with a snap-on lid works nice. Cut a small hole in the lid for the leads and run with the box upside down.

I put mine under a bucket when it's raining/snowing. Works great. I would not let it get wet... why risk ruining it?

I use small little craft ziplocs around them now. They fit closer than a regular ziploc and make it easier to see the screeen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom