Mango Habenero Finishinf Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oz

Senior Cook
Did 3 racks of spares Sunday with WRO and WRB and topped with TPJ's Mango finishing sauce. The combination produced the best ribs to date. Heat was best with WRO and mango, hands down. Do some work with this, it's gooooood!
Did 2 briskets with WRB/Wooster also. They are excellent also. Had a good day!
Let's see G is right next To F isn't it Tom?

Boggs, sorry but the Texas BBQ site was the first place I landed when I started smoking. I am familiar with products used by those guys.
TXBBQ Rub - Bill's most excellent rubs
TPJ - Texas Pepper Jelly
WRO - Wolf,s Rub Original
WRB - Wolf,s Rub Bold
Don't use sauce since I started glazing pork with the pepper jellies and fruit salsas. I like TXBBQ rub on beef.
What are your other 2 favorites, Zilla?

Your cook sounds real good Oz!! I've recently within the past several months started using TPJ Products and they are indeed good. So far my favorite is Pineapple Habanero, but I've also used the Apple and Cherry Jalapeno. The Cherry Jap is fantastic as a base for sweet and sour chicken!! Glad you're enjoying the WR's as well.

I have, so far, pineapple habanero, peach habanero, pear habanero, Texas passion fruit, and mango finishing sauce. I am looking for a little more tartness which, I hope to get out of the peach or pineapple. If not I will start tinkering with them.

Oz said:
Boggs, sorry but the Texas BBQ site was the first place I landed when I started smoking. I am familiar with products used by those guys.
TXBBQ Rub - Bill's most excellent rubs
TPJ - Texas Pepper Jelly
WRO - Wolf,s Rub Original
WRB - Wolf,s Rub Bold
Don't use sauce since I started glazing pork with the pepper jellies and fruit salsas. I like TXBBQ rub on beef.
What are your other 2 favorites, Zilla?

My two other favorites are the Mandarin Orange and the Cherry jellies. The Pineapple and Strawberry are close behind those. I really like to make peanut butter cookies with a dollop of Strawberry habanero in the center.

TPJ is great stuff. I also like the Peach Hab. I have been reading up on how to make it myself. Doesnt seem to be that much trouble. We made a test run the other day with a freezer jam mix " just to see" and it was excellent imho. Just mix wait 30 minutes and serve. We made Pineapple and peach hab. I used a coffee grinder to mince the peppers and that worked as well. Better than a knife because you need to get the pepper in tiny bits.

I guess the smoke generator for my cooker will have to wait. This jelly thing has me going now.
Is this how it goes guys? It's an the verge of getting out of hand' :D :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom