Makin Bacon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Here we go. Cut the pork belly into thirds. Used 3 styles of cure from another blog post. The one on the right is brown sugar and kosher salt, the middle is brown sugar, salt and pepper. The left is brown sugar, salt and maple syrup. Into the fridge for a week.......andddddd weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Wow I'm jealous. Only thing I like mo betta than bacon is bacon grease. Now where you stumble over the bellies? If you dont mind a person being nosey of course? Guessing a person could get em from some of the big wholesale distributors but sure dont see none in the retail places in this neck of the woods anyway. Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Wow I'm jealous. Only thing I like mo betta than bacon is bacon grease. Now where you stumble over the bellies? If you dont mind a person being nosey of course? Guessing a person could get em from some of the big wholesale distributors but sure dont see none in the retail places in this neck of the woods anyway. Thanks.

bigwheel
My neighbor is in the food demonstration biz. She had to do a presentation for her workers about bacon, how it is made, where it comes from and such. She ordered pre-cooked slab and one raw pork belly for a show and tell. she sliced up the cooked stuff and was not sure what to do with the raw meat. She offered and I took! about 18lbs! :P

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":27vprccw]now that the forum is working, what happened?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote:27vprccw]
Nothing yet! I just took the 3 packs out of the fridge tonight and rinsed them off. They are on racks in the fridge now and I will smoke them tomorrow. Pics then...if the site is up ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom