Maiden Voyage on the Guru Powered Ranch Kettle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice job Bill. I'd a thought also that you didn't start with enough lit coals in the begining. But thats the best part about this, we can keep experimenting!

Nick Prochilo said:
Looks good Bill. Do you always line your kingsford up like that to cook? Please answer no, if not god help us!

Nick Prochilo said:
Nice job Bill. I'd a thought also that you didn't start with enough lit coals in the begining. But thats the best part about this, we can keep experimenting!
I've been trying to make a method work that someone on TVWB said works for them in lining the coals up like that and starting it out pretty much like the MM in the WSM. Just can't get it to work for me but with a little modificaion.. :!:

DaleP said:
Very cool Joker. You are a computer giant compared to me for sure.
Scotty's the computer geek here ~ I only know enough to get me in trouble.. :)

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1fncwp3n]Looks good Bill. Do you always line your kingsford up like that to cook? Please answer no, if not god help us!

Nick Prochilo said:
I've been trying to make a method work that someone on TVWB said works for them in lining the coals up like that and starting it out pretty much like the MM in the WSM. Just can't get it to work for me but with a little modificaion.. :!:[/quote:1fncwp3n]

How do you get 2 quotes in 1 reply?

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":2ilg4ofo][quote="Nick Prochilo":2ilg4ofo]Looks good Bill. Do you always line your kingsford up like that to cook? Please answer no, if not god help us!

Nick Prochilo said:
I've been trying to make a method work that someone on TVWB said works for them in lining the coals up like that and starting it out pretty much like the MM in the WSM. Just can't get it to work for me but with a little modificaion.. :!:[/quote:2ilg4ofo]

How do you get 2 quotes in 1 reply?[/quote:2ilg4ofo]
I went to the 1st one and clicked on "Quote" then copied the text there. Canceled out of that one and went to the 2nd post and "quote"d that one too, then pasted the text from the 1st one where I wanted it. That make sense? I've seen some here use 3 or 4 quotes and the only way I know to do that is to have more than one window open. Not sure how they're doing it.

The Joker said:
DaleP said:
The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1siv0avj][quote="The Joker":1siv0avj][quote="Nick Prochilo":1siv0avj]Looks good Bill. Do you always line your kingsford up like that to cook? Please answer no, if not god help us!

Nick Prochilo said:
I've been trying to make a method work that someone on TVWB said works for them in lining the coals up like that and starting it out pretty much like the MM in the WSM. Just can't get it to work for me but with a little modificaion.. :!:[/quote:1siv0avj]

How do you get 2 quotes in 1 reply?[/quote:1siv0avj]
I went to the 1st one and clicked on "Quote" then copied the text there. Canceled out of that one and went to the 2nd post and "quote"d that one too, then pasted the text from the 1st one where I wanted it. That make sense? I've seen some here use 3 or 4 quotes and the only way I know to do that is to have more than one window open. Not sure how they're doing it.[/quote:1siv0avj]

Like that?

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":yqcvzz4x]
DaleP said:
The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":yqcvzz4x][quote="The Joker":yqcvzz4x][quote="Nick Prochilo":yqcvzz4x]Looks good Bill. Do you always line your kingsford up like that to cook? Please answer no, if not god help us!

Nick Prochilo said:
I've been trying to make a method work that someone on TVWB said works for them in lining the coals up like that and starting it out pretty much like the MM in the WSM. Just can't get it to work for me but with a little modificaion.. :!:[/quote:yqcvzz4x]

How do you get 2 quotes in 1 reply?[/quote:yqcvzz4x]
I went to the 1st one and clicked on "Quote" then copied the text there. Canceled out of that one and went to the 2nd post and "quote"d that one too, then pasted the text from the 1st one where I wanted it. That make sense? I've seen some here use 3 or 4 quotes and the only way I know to do that is to have more than one window open. Not sure how they're doing it.[/quote:yqcvzz4x]

Like that?[/quote:yqcvzz4x]
Yeah. Now, back on topic! :-X

Nick Prochilo said:
Okay, stop lining up your Kingsford like that, your scareing me!
Lining the Kingsford like that makes a lot of sense when your looking for a long controlled burn. I just wouldn’t have the patience to do it.

wittdog said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Lining the Kingsford like that makes a lot of sense when your looking for a long controlled burn. I just wouldn’t have the patience to do it.
5 minutes boys. :(

The Joker said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":26vluglq]Okay, stop lining up your Kingsford like that, your scareing me!
5 minutes boys. :([/quote:26vluglq]
I still wouldn't have the patience.

wittdog said:
Nick Prochilo said:

If your using a guru, it shouldn't matter how the coals are lined up. It will give it the right amount of air it needs when it needs it. Any unused briquets can be used later for another cook.

Nick Prochilo said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":pu7w3xtv]Okay, stop lining up your Kingsford like that, your scareing me!

If your using a guru, it shouldn't matter how the coals are lined up. It will give it the right amount of air it needs when it needs it. Any unused briquets can be used later for another cook.[/quote:pu7w3xtv]
#-o :-#

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom