Maiden Voyage for my WSM VIDEO-PICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I bought a trimmed brisket a few hours ago during my lunch break and am marinating it in "Bock & Brown sugar" by Cookwell and company. I am going to fire up my WSM when I get home and BBQ the brisket.. Do I stick a Temp gauge in the top vents? I made one of them Piedmont pans and am going to use the minion method again. I'll take pics and video if it aint too dark... See ya in a bit!!!!!! ;)

<object width="640" height="483"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1896119&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1"> <embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1896119&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="483"></embed></object>
WSM Weber Smokey Mountain 1st Cook from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.

Well here we go yall..This first pic is the minion method.. The video explains more....
dsc00375691250hm7.jpg

dsc00385718363kp7.jpg

dsc00415667036sq5.jpg

Thanks Larry... ;) This is at 0600...WSM held at 235 perfect!!! :P
dsc00425106734de5.jpg

dsc00439613796dh0.jpg

Sapo I was kidding, some people cook fat cap up and some cook them down, just a matter of preference, there's no right way!

Looking good! How did the temps work for you through the night?

SS are you going to use any wood chunks? Talking about thermos I like using the Maverick with the remote receiver. Also have a Tru-Tel in the lid. May I add I bought all from Larry at wolferub.com. Ok Larry when do I get my check :LOL: :LOL:

Tannehill Kid said:
SS are you going to use any wood chunks? Talking about thermos I like using the Maverick with the remote receiver. Also have a Tru-Tel in the lid. May I add I bought all from Larry at wolferub.com. Ok Larry when do I get my check :LOL: :LOL:

It's in the mail, you should have received it by now... :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
Sapo I was kidding, some people cook fat cap up and some cook them down, just a matter of preference, there's no right way!

Looking good! How did the temps work for you through the night?

I know your kidding man.. ;) I just put it on this way. I was freakin tired lastnight. The temps held great. Right around 235 allnight. still have a few hours of coals left too.. Man it sure smells good in the neighborhood this morning... I really love this smoker and plan on getting one of the new ones once they come out.. They are perfect for traveling.. Nice and light, unlike my Kamado and offset...

Tannehill Kid said:
SS are you going to use any wood chunks?
Tannerhill, I put some wood chunks in between the coals before I started the minion method.. The video will show this procedure... I'm getting hungry.. What yall suggest for sides? Man this Cajun or should I say Creole coffee is kicking my butt... :LOL:

surfinsapo said:
What yall suggest for sides?

I would suggest Wolfe Beans and slaw. Good homemade simple slaw can be made by combining 2 bags of pre-shredded slaw mix (cabbage and carrots) with 1 jar of Marzettis slaw dressing.

Larry Wolfe said:
surfinsapo said:
What yall suggest for sides?

I would suggest Wolfe Beans and slaw. Good homemade simple slaw can be made by combining 2 bags of pre-shredded slaw mix (cabbage and carrots) with 1 jar of Marzettis slaw dressing.
Great choice and I already have a jar of Marzettis ready to go...I love that angel hair shredded slaw too...And the "Wolfe Beans" sound awesome!!! I'm there!! Thanks Larry!!!! :D

Nice job, SS, good first cook on your shiny :)shock:) WSM. I wish I'd used Minion Method the first few times I cooked with mine.

--John
(I'm a lot smarter now)

Thanks yall - I am totally happy with this smoker and will definately get a 2009 model from a BBQ Central friend... ;) anyway, here's the results!!! I didn't use any rubs or salt.. Just "Bock and Brown sugar".. My wife already ate a bunch of the brisket... Yeah, free for awhile from doghouse.... :shock:
dsc00444314171om3.jpg

dsc00454341890pj0.jpg

dsc00464370769dh0.jpg

dsc00484439462jc2.jpg

dsc00474397687fz7.jpg

dsc00494549328ki7.jpg

dsc00504271562yt8.jpg

Good job SS...just a word of advice, when cooking on the top grate, you might want to remove the second cooking grate below it, saves you some cleanup of a grate that you didn't use, unless, you're into that kind of thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom