Mad Cow found again in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it just my ignorance or does this get blown out of proportion?

I think there is only a slim chance we could get sick from eating it, even less chance we might die and even then we would have to eat the spinal cord or brain?

Yeah, I'd rather not take the chance but geez ... 'let's cull a few million bovines' seems extreme as well.

Hope things work out ok down there. We enjoyed cheap beef for a while here but then the price went up again and seems to have leveled off higher. :-(

I don't know the details of the disease, I just know beef prices rose way up when the last scare hit. And they didn't really drop. Oh well, I'm happy with pork and chicken, if need be.

You didn't read the whole thing. (Or didn't understand it) That's why beef prices go up because folk like you have the brain wasting disease. The beef (cow) was quarantined. Also they have not imported any beef from Canada in a year or so. Your jumping to conclusions along with other 'Peter panic people' that drive the price up because you won't buy in fear. Just as the big ground beef scare of a while back.TON'S of ground beef was found to be bad with salmonella. Your talking ONE COW out of how many get processed per day? How much commercial ground beef goes to the consumer in a day? Is it safe? Who knows till someone starts puking there guts out. TON'S more than one beef or cow that has brain fuck. Just another media weasel thing to print or report about. Big beef producers and media weasels, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Dumb ass public!

ummm....no one died in the last scare, right?
Beef prices went up, right?

So another scare may mean prices go up again, right?
Or maybe I'm a dumbfuck like you say.

Captain, Dude, Relax, I have a few friends on the farm that know exactly what is going on.If I falsely informed you, I apologize. But I didn't. There is many chicken and egg producing farms around here and you don't want to know what goes on there.

I personally bought beef like crazy when it was cheap. When the price went back up I continued my usual beef purchases. No worries here. I read some stuff about BSE that led me to believe the concern was over-hyped. I shyed away from beef by-product mystery meats like hot dogs for a while but that's about it.

I also think it's certain unhealthy animals enter our food supply every day ... not every animal is tested for every possible ailment. It's just a fact of life in the modern world.

Well, I am a dumbass and I hate Canada (America Jr.)...did I offend everyone!?? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

My post was meant to be farsical... :idea: :idea:

Well, I'm offended that you admit your post was farsical! :grin:

Hey, I think you got a typo in your signature quote. Don't you mean a "minute"?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minuet
(French - menuet; German - Menuett; Italian - minuetto).
A dance, of French origin, in a moderate triple metre. It was known at Louis XIV's court as an elegant social dance performed by one couple at a time, and remained the most popular dance among the European aristocracy until the late 18th century. Lully introduced numerous minuets into his operas and ballets and the dance was frequently included in Baroque keyboard and ensemble suites. Italian minuets, often in 3/8 or 6/8 time, were faster.

The minuet was the only important dance to survive info the Classical period. Italian opera overtures of the early 18th century often close with a minuet, as do many symphonies by G.B. Sammartini, Abel, J.W. Stamitz and Monn and some early piano sonatas by Haydn. After about 1770 the ternary minuet-trio-minuet (da capo), derived from the Baroque practice of playing two minuets 'alternativement', became the standard third (occasionally second) of four movements in symphonies and string quartets. Haydn was the first to substitute movements called 'scherzo' for minuets (in his string quartets op.33) and Beethoven preferred vigorous and robust scherzos in the standard minuet and trio layout, sometimes extended to include a repeat of the trio and a second repeat of the scherzo.

19th-century composers were less interested in the minuet, but some 20th-century composers, including Francaix, Bartók, Schönberg and Ravel, have revived it for its associations with the past.

Hey it wouldn't be the first list. I've got your back though. Don't think anyone would mistake you for Public Enemy #1 dancing a french minuet! :grin:

I bet you know the American beef industries slogan,
"Beef, its whats for dinner"

Bet you didnt know Canada had one too.
"Canadian Beef, you will go mad over it".

oh that was bad... #-o

Calves are going at top dollar here in Central TX auctions. Neighbor sold 8 small calves and got $4500 at auction last week.

DaleP said:
I bet you know the American beef industries slogan,
"Beef, its whats for dinner"

Bet you didnt know Canada had one too.
"Canadian Beef, you will go mad over it".

oh that was bad... #-o
moooooo-ha-ha-ha :grin:

Back
Top Bottom