Mac n Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Japs? as in Jewish-American Princess, or Japanese? Might be slightly racist either way..

Sounds excellent. Thanks for sharing. First one I recall seeing using Cheddar Soup. Thats good stuff. Bet it gives a good flavor wallop.
It does, but the main reason for it is to keep the mac&cheese from getting dry, while still being able to cook it uncovered, to get some smoke flavor into er. I never originally wanted to use any kind of "fake cheese" type stuff, but I settled on the chedda soup. You ever had some mac &cheese that's all sticky and dry? It's turrible.

Japs? as in Jewish-American Princess, or Japanese? Might be slightly racist either way..
I'm assuming japs as in "jalapeños" :)

Just in case you don't have it here is the CopyCat Famous Dave's Mac and Cheese.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter, plus 1/4 cup (1/2 stick), divided
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
3/4 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
4 ounces aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups sweet corn niblets
2 jalapeños, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 lb. jumbo elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
8 ounces Colby cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Ritz-style cracker crumbs
1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
1/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs

Directions:

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large pan. Whisk the flour into the butter until thoroughly combined to form a roux. Slowly whisk in the milk, then the half-and-half. Whisk in the mustard, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper.

3. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes to develop the flavors. Whisk in the white cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Stir in the corn, jalapenos and parsley, then remove from heat.

4. Stir in the macaroni, then the cubed sharp cheddar and Colby cheeses. Spoon the macaroni and cheese into a buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish.

5. Melt the remaining one-quarter cup of butter in a small sauce pan. In a medium bowl, combine the cracker, panko and unseasoned bread crumbs with the melted butter. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the macaroni and cheese.

6. Bake the mac ’n’ cheese until bubbly and browned on top, about 40 minutes.

Thanks for that recipe too. Yall just trying to raise my triglycerides and kill a person here..I know. Ok let us stop and listen to reason here. Mix the dry sharp cheese in a 50/50 mix with Vevetter..The National Cheese of Texas..Amen. Sorta like getting gooey cheddar which tastes very good. Now also add the soup. I eat the bottom out of some crockpots when somebody decided to dump a can of that in the Cheese Dip. It tastes too good. Bound to be the msg thing.

Man that looks good but I thought mac and cheese came in a blue box?
And statements like these are why people get banned! For your punishment V, you must show us something better than the evil blue box.

That's it bbquzz :yawinkle:.
Takes a little time but worth the effort.
I never put in the fresh herb though.
I could eat a half pan of that right now

I really love smoked mac&cheese. Apparently my friends do too, it went really fast at Husker Game Party!

Attachments

• 20131026092231.jpg
    20131026092231.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 250

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom