Lunch and Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Threw a couple dogs on the fire for lunch and a rack of ribs for me for dinner tonight. Kids have scouts and bowling and the oldest is working soooooooo I cook for myself tonight! :cry:

bknox said:
Bass Ale clone, Nice! I made a cranberry ale last fall. A bit bitter for my taste but it is gone all the same..
I do the crnberry beer for the Holidays too. If you need some good recipes try Cats Meow 3 or hollar and I will give you some of mine. The Bass is Smoooth. :P

I most certainly will. Hopefully in the next couple months with cooler weather I will be making a high octane amber ale. My last attempt came out to sweet, or possibly under hopped, for my liking.

Feel free to lay any of your favorite recipes on me. I would enjoy giving them a shot. I brew in 5 gallon increments in a glass carboy. Hopefully you do the same. I used get recipes from my brother but he brews 23 gallons at a time and the recipes never really translated.

If you go to the "Deep Fryer" section you can see my setup under "how I use my Fryer" or something like that.....hey it is MY Saturday :D
It is basicly an EZ-Masher that I made and open fermenting in a stainless pot with a spigot. I have breewd this way for about 10 years. I think I have a couple recipies there.
My Bass Ale
6lbs pale 2 row British malt
1lb crystal malt
1lb dark brown sugar
1.5 oz Fuggles hops
1 oz Northern brewer hopsd
1 pkg wyeast british ale yeast
-------------------------------------------------
Grains steeped in 155* water for 30 mins. I raise the water temp to 175* for another 10 mins.
I boil 4 gallons of sparage water and stain the grains slowly. adding the brown sugar. Boil the wort. Add 1 oz of Northern brewer at the start. Agfter 30 mins I add 1oz of Fuggles and at the end of an hour I add the 1/2 oz of Fuggles ---Cool ---Pitch yeast. Ferment.......Bottle enjoy!

I am enjoying right about now :D

Green Hornet said:
wittdog said:
Good start and the pop with the foam on top tonight will be...
Homebrew. I made a clone of Bass Ale. NNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCE!

Beer ????? Hmmm..Im going to be in Ft. Myers next week and I should have a few free days..I gotta guess your only a couple of hours from there...and if there's free beer.....

john pen said:
[quote="Green Hornet":1jv5c8um]
wittdog said:

Beer ????? Hmmm..Im going to be in Ft. Myers next week and I should have a few free days..I gotta guess your only a couple of hours from there...and if there's free beer.....[/quote:1jv5c8um]
Who said anything about free?
Oh what the heck the first one's free ;)

Green Hornet said:
[quote="john pen":3cg34bz7][quote="Green Hornet":3cg34bz7]
wittdog said:

Beer ????? Hmmm..Im going to be in Ft. Myers next week and I should have a few free days..I gotta guess your only a couple of hours from there...and if there's free beer.....[/quote:3cg34bz7]
Who said anything about free?
Oh what the heck the first one's free ;)[/quote:3cg34bz7]
GH Mr.Penns tates buds couldn't handle that beer...just feed him some lite near Beer and send some of the Bass clone back with him to be dropped off at my house.... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom