Lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BchrisL

Senior Cook
I stopped by our local BBQ restaurant today to get a bite of lunch and to say hi to my lovely bride, who was busy taking inventory to buy supplies for the next week. ;)

img_159790_0_094f4909bf0e67bb5bfa94af21fe5988.jpg

The place was busy, and there was a line out the door waiting to get in around 1 PM.

img_159790_1_ac20c48fe305442023927c20b0b252e2.jpg

One of the cooks was out unloading the Southern Pride cooker, which was filled with ribs. They have three cookers, this is the mobile unit.

img_159790_2_4b81675842b3011d751ed9011b275750.jpg

About twenty racks of spares....

img_159790_3_04c1bf1447f1a19026c1864f565576d2.jpg

Ladling on some sauce before taking them in to the kitchen.

This happens to be one of the best Q restrants in the Washington DC area. Check it out if you are up in the area. It is just south of Washington off I-95 in Woodbridge.

John A. said:
Terrific cooker and good looking ribs. I'm a little surprised that they can cook and unload in the open like that.

I was thinking the same thing. Here in grreat state of North Carolins, if you want to open a BBQ joint, you have to build a "BBQ room" and a kitchen. At least that is what I was told.

A friend of mine Darryl Kosta from buster Rhinos uses a Southern Pride and it makes some amazing BBQ. His is located inside their facility though.

Good looking racks for sure.

I'll be sure to stop by there when we are in the D.C. area. Thanks for sharing... :D

swampsauce said:
John A. said:
Terrific cooker and good looking ribs. I'm a little surprised that they can cook and unload in the open like that.

I was thinking the same thing. Here in grreat state of North Carolins, if you want to open a BBQ joint, you have to build a "BBQ room" and a kitchen. At least that is what I was told.

Sometimes, when things get really busy with catering jobs and such, and the two main cookers are at capacity, they use the mobile cooker take up the slack when it is not out on remote jobs. Some weeks they cook up to five thousand pounds of Q. This was the first time I had ever seen the mobile unit in use, and I had never seen inside before, so I walked out there to see what it had. Man what a cooker. It runs on propane, but it also has a chamber for wood. It has a carousel inside with racks that looks like a ferris wheel. They rotate to load and unload. There is a big pipe on the side to drain grease out and the whole unit is insulated.

A cooker's use outdoors can change by county or city, where I live we can cook with a pit outdoors but move to the next town and it has to be covered.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom