Lot's of weekend cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
grilling and other stuff ending in tomorrows pig.

Fillet dinner

neighbor smelled smoke so he brought over some lamb and fish

and 2 butts came off this morning in case I screw up the pig!

You rotten bastard! :shock: My gawd that steak, mushrooms and toast points looked to die for!

Looking good cappy..I wish I had a neighbor like that the only thing mine brings when he smells smoke is his appitite...I'm going to try to squeze in an ABT and Rib cook today

Captain Morgan said:
come on down! gonna be fun cooking the pig tomorrow and poppin some pops wit de foam on top!
I see the weather ain't to shabby down there either. 8)

Well the WSM is loaded and ready to be lit for a overnighert , the rub is done , the sauce is ready , all that remains is to get the butts ready , I figure I will put them on at 10PM tonight and go for a all night cook and take em off as soon as they hit 200 internal temp , foil em and let em rest a hour or so, then pullem and add sauce. I figured out the pictire deal I think so I will include pics . I got 2 buts total wieght on both of em 13.5 lbs , so we will get alot of product for lunch tomorrow.

My Father who stays away from pork tasted my rub and sauce , is going to come over hey he figures at 85 he can eat what he wants , LOL!!!

Greg Rempe said:
Walter...200*????!!!!....try 190-195* tops...you don't want mushy meat!!

Hey now I have always done it this way , its never failed me yet . I inject with apple juice before the rub goes on. But I do keep a close eye on the internal temp with my remote guage.

WalterSC said:
Greg Rempe said:
Walter...200*????!!!!....try 190-195* tops...you don't want mushy meat!!

Hey now I have always done it this way , its never failed me yet . I inject with apple juice before the rub goes on. But I do keep a close eye on the internal temp with my remote guage.

Well a report for yall its 3AM wsm is holding at 270, meat temp at 165. I am going to sleep till 6 AM then its time for another check , I added more Kingsford just in case.

Back
Top Bottom