long overdue brisket cook !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Its been way to long between cooks here..I hate it when being an adult gets in the way of having fun...waiting for the WSM to come up to temp for a nice overnight cook. Got a 9.5lb brisket going on soon. Will do some ABT's and a fattie tommarrow and hopefully will serve it all up for dinner....Was gonna do WR on the brisket, but Im saving it for a butt cook thursday...the brisket is "rubed" with fresh ground pepper, garlic and salt..

9 hours into it...Wsm performing as usual..the cow flesh is sitting around 140...

But the big news is my local grocery store now carries brisket and Humphrey charcol...

john pen said:
9 hours into it...Wsm performing as usual..the cow flesh is sitting around 140...

But the big news is my local grocery store now carries brisket and Humphrey charcol...
Now that is cool..what are the $ on thebriskets? I wanted to do a brisket cook buy couldn't find one I liked at BJ......what's the price on the Hump is it the lump or briquets

The brisket is $3.99 a lb..a buck more a pound than I pay at Latina's in the falls, but by the time I drive the Bronco to the falls and back, its prolly the same..lol..

The charcol is lump..Im a convert..I love it and its all Ive been buying lately..maby its just a phase Im going through. Its a bit pricey, but its better than the kingsfod I was getting at Sams. Ive got to get to the food terminal and buy a pallett of the lump from there...

Well, we had thermometer issues..( Ill be conacting larry for a new et-73) and it got a bit overdone..Was still very tender though, and definetly edible..All three daughters, wife and daughters boyfriend..just about killed the whole brisket. Made onion rings with Vedalias (thanks for the idea Puff) and macaroni and cheese from scratch. Had abt's, a bloomin onion and cherry peppers stuffed with anchovies for apps. The abt's and the bloomin onion were half gone before I got a sec to get the camera ! Served a butter pound cake (store bought) topped with fresh sliced strawberrys and vanella ice cream.....burp...

That's a great meal!

What is the average price for brisket there? I don't think I'd pay $2.99 or $3.99 (I hope). Usually Walmart has some for under $2.00 here. I think they are about $1.58 a pound the last one I bought.

cleglue said:
That's a great meal!

What is the average price for brisket there? I don't think I'd pay $2.99 or $3.99 (I hope). Usually Walmart has some for under $2.00 here. I think they are about $1.58 a pound the last one I bought.

$2.99 a lb is a decent price here for me..Ive seen it as high as $5.99 at a local meat market..

Cliff H. said:
I am guessing that the dishes are still in the sink. :LOL:

When I eat like that, all I want to do is sit down. Looked real good John. ;)

lol....you called it..the wife hit 'em this am before work.. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom