Loin and Turkey Breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakedpigbbq

Senior Cook
Hey everyone,

A while back we talked about a loin recipe using italian dressing as the marinade and then smoking it. I am trying to remember if it was 250 for 2 hours uncovered and then 2 hours covered? I can't find it on the search engine.

Also...what do you recommend cooking 8 pound turkey breasts at? Hoping I can do both loins and turkey breasts on my traeger at one time....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

chuck

really depends on how much the loin weighs... at 250 *. you're looking at about 45 minutes , to an hour a pound.... me , for one, I wouldn't cover it at all

Turkey breasts... is it one of those tied, netted up, turkey breast thingys??? if so, and it's 8 pounds, you might be looking at about an hour a pound as well

you might consider smoking both of them at higher temps , like 300* to reduce cooking time...

Yeppers I concur with Bobberger. 300-325 is a great plain for both those items for those who watches temp gauges. I would pulll the breates at 160 and the loin at 150. Make sure the breastes is nipples side down the entire time and dont be spilling no juice which might collect in any shawllow depressions. Wrap after cooking and chunk in the hotbox for at least an hour. Dont take me long to cook a loin. About 30 mins per side and counting it as having two sides that make about an hour total I think. I aint good at arithmetic.

bigwheel

thanks,

I put loins and breasts on at 7:15 at 275. They have been on 2 hours, so will go bump temp to 300. We would like to eat around noon. The loins are 6 pounds and the breasts are 8 pounds.

I am cooking them on the traegers, and they always seem to cook a lot faster for some reason.

So....no wrap on the loins?

Well you can wrap the loins if you want. Some of the old codgers around heah cook em just like briskets. Smoke em up a bit then wrap or pan it up with good tasting juice then cook till it dies and gives up. Them are good too. Tinfoil lid for the pan if you want to use a pan.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom