Leftover pulled pork & pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BadCook

Assistant Cook
I'm gonna take some pulled pork over to my friends pizzeria to make some pizza and calzones. How much BBQ sauce do you guys use on a pizza? As much BBQ sauce as pizza sauce? Anyone ever use Blues Hog sauce for a pizza? When do u add the pork? I don't want to dry it out.

Thanks

ThePigWhisperer said:
I'm gonna take some pulled pork over to my friends pizzeria to make some pizza and calzones. How much BBQ sauce do you guys use on a pizza? As much BBQ sauce as pizza sauce? Anyone ever use Blues Hog sauce for a pizza? When do u add the pork? I don't want to dry it out.

Thanks

How much sauce will depend on your taste and the type of sauce you are using. I'd sauce the crust to your taste, then toss the pork in the sauce and build the pizza from there. Tossing the pork in the sauce will help prevent drying out the pork.

What Larry said. I'm thinking Blues Hog would work great as a sauce. I'd add some caramelized onions and some provolone cheese too. Awesome! 8)

OK,

I will have my friend make small pizzas and calzones so we can try different sauces. That will be fun. Some spicy, some sweet. I have Blues Hog original and Tennessee Red. Ya think Red will be good or to vinegary for this?

Back
Top Bottom