Leftover ham..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ScottyDaQ said:
Captain Morgan said:
The perfect bread for it...just take a long sharp bread knife and you can slice the whole loaf at one, yet they'll pull apart as rolls after cooking.

Never heard of/seen that before. :?:
Must be a Southern thang ;)

Captain Morgan said:
I had this first at Big GQ's wedding outside of Florence SC. A little old church lady gave the recipe, and told me men love it. I sure did. Here's the exact recipe she mailed me, and of course, you can use any ham with this...

Ham Delites

1 lb. sandwich ham, chipped into tiny pieces
1/3 lb. grated swiss cheese
1 stick melted butter
3 tablespoons brown mustard
3 tablespoons poppy seed
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion, grated
3 packages party finger rolls

Mix top seven ingrediants together. Slice rolls in half horizontally.. Spread mixture over roll bottoms in tins. Replace top half of rolls. Cover with foil. Bake ten minutes on 400 degrees.

We had this for dinner tonight. FANTASTIC! This is a keeper kids!

that kind of bread, like bbq bread, is apparently, as stated above, a Southern thing.

It's a loaf of bread that's sliced thick, but in small rolls. You tear off a piece of white bread, kinda like sandwich bread, but thicker, and you can make a little sammie with bbq and slaw. it's thick enough to hold together for a little while.

And it's perfect for soppin' up the juice, sauce and slaw likker left on the plate.

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
Making it right now!
Apple juice
Dark Brown sugar
Cinnamon
Put in sauce pan and cook till sugar melts and liquid reduces some.
Put ham in and cook till ham is almost candied and liquid is almost gone.
YUM!

Look at you Wolfgang Puff! You go boy with your candied ham!!

[smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif]

Now that looks good Wolfgang. On my list of things to try!

Don't get me wrong. The Ham Delights are a hit every where I have had them. Ms. monkey makes them all the time. But for some reason, I'm not crazy over them like others.

Back
Top Bottom