last night Bobby Flay had a rib throw down,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggo

Cook
I have a couple of questions:
it was with a Mitchell guy from Raleigh NC, the Pit, IIRC, he said he used a 'Carolina rib', as a cut as opposed to a ST Louis etc. A Carolina cut appeared to me to be , just what you get in the cryovac at Sam's before you trim it St Louis style. Anyone care to comment?
He says he does it 45 min. on one side 45 min on the other and they come out tender, says he mops as well, any thoughts here?

Bobby said he was going to smoke them for 24 hrs, during the competition, he said 6-7 hrs and finish on the grill with some sauce. 6-7 sounded better, any thoughts on 24 hrs?
Thanks!!

sluggo said:
I have a couple of questions:
it was with a Mitchell guy from Raleigh NC, the Pit, IIRC, he said he used a 'Carolina rib', as a cut as opposed to a ST Louis etc. A Carolina cut appeared to me to be , just what you get in the cryovac at Sam's before you trim it St Louis style. Anyone care to comment?
He says he does it 45 min. on one side 45 min on the other and they come out tender, says he mops as well, any thoughts here?

Bobby said he was going to smoke them for 24 hrs, during the competition, he said 6-7 hrs and finish on the grill with some sauce. 6-7 sounded better, any thoughts on 24 hrs?
Thanks!!

I think he was just joking when he was talking about the carolina rib because bobby said he was using a st lousis. And you would be right it is the same thing cryovac at sams.

You could do ribs 45 min on one side and 45 on the other but you would have to cook hot and direct. I would think slow smoked ribs would be better though.

24hrs is way to long for ribs of any type. 6-7 hrs for ribs is reasonable for ribs.

The carolina ribs are from his own hogs. He grows em special fer his use, they have more fat on them then taday's leaner hog.

He grilled his ribs, hot an fast.

Bobby did his for the 6-7 hours which would be in the ball park fer spares. 24 hours would be rib jerky.

Back
Top Bottom