Last Butt cook for 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I couldn't drag my butt outta bed early this morn (too many Sam Winters last night) Got the 2 pork butts on at 6 though I forced the warm up on the smoker,, I was cold :) it was just about 20degrees out here this am and paid for it,, it climbed to 260 for a bit, now she's sittin about 220 - 228

I am using "Wicked Good Charcoal" for fuel on a Brinkmann "Smoke n Pit" offset

I will try to get some pics but i will have to wait until my kid gets up :)

I am also gonna try my hand a "dressin up" some basic BBQ Sauce any hints?

TTFN

Jon

JonM said:
Well I couldn't drag my butt outta bed early this morn (too many Sam Winters last night) Got the 2 pork butts on at 6 though I forced the warm up on the smoker,, I was cold :) it was just about 20degrees out here this am and paid for it,, it climbed to 260 for a bit, now she's sittin about 220 - 228

TTFN

Jon

Jon if you fell you're gonna run short on time, you can always foil. But that is a worst case scenario.

What BBQ Sauce are you planning on Dr'ing up??

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Wow Larry, Great looking chow. How about the recipe for the tater salad? Looks killer! :D

Chris, no recipe really but here's the ingredients all are to taste.

potatos
hard boiled eggs
onion (Lots of Onion)
yellow mustard
mayonnaise
celery salt
salt and pepper

Larry Wolfe said:
JonM said:

TTFN

Jon

Jon if you fell you're gonna run short on time, you can always foil. But that is a worst case scenario.

I am not sure I was thinking Kraft regular any suggestion there?

Also I just found out I will not be under any Time constrants today, so If I'm pulling pork at Midnight It will be a Happy New Year :)

JonM said:
Larry Wolfe said:
JonM said:

TTFN

Jon

Also I just found out I will not be under any Time constrants today, so If I'm pulling pork at Midnight It will be a Happy New Year :)

Ask Pigs he feeds his customers Karft......
I'd doctor it with some honey and a shot of hot sauce.....or some pepperjelly...

JonM said:
Larry Wolfe said:
JonM said:

TTFN

Jon

Jon since you're using it for pulled pork, I'd cut it with some apple cider vinegar and some red pepper flakes. Just to thin it out and take some of the sweetness away, unless you like sweet pulled pork.

If it's for ribs or chicken, you could probably add a bit of honey or maple syrup or as Witt suggested some pepper jelly.

It's all pretty much just a matter of taste in what you like to eat! Good luck!

Larry Wolfe said:
JonM said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2tn6rkje]
JonM said:

TTFN

Jon

Jon since you're using it for pulled pork, I'd cut it with some apple cider vinegar and some red pepper flakes. Just to thin it out and take some of the sweetness away, unless you like sweet pulled pork.

If it's for ribs or chicken, you could probably add a bit of honey or maple syrup or as Witt suggested some pepper jelly.

It's all pretty much just a matter of taste in what you like to eat! Good luck![/quote:2tn6rkje]
:oops: Oops didn't realize it was going on PP....Larry is right...cider vinegar and some peppper flakes

I do hopethe Butts that I put on at 6am and that are now stalled at 168 degrees for the past hour come out tasting half as good as yours look

Back
Top Bottom