Lamb Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Now I have a guy bringing over a lamb roast. Again, I have no idea how to smoke this thing. I don't know what cut or how big at this point.

I do know that we are cooking a brisket on one pit ( hot and fast) and some chicken on another pit at 275.

Will it fit on one of those pits ?

Hi Cliff

I would do it hot and fast if it's a leg, rack, or a saddle (loin) or if it is shoulder of Lamb I would go low and slow as it is fatty and will take the low and slow to render the fat out.

For leg or shoulder, I like to slit it all over, then put garlic into one third of the slits, rosemary into one third of the slits and sage into the other third, then give it a cover of Sea salt and black pepper.

The other thing is do it to medium rare if you like Lamb, much past 145 internal and it can start to dry out.

I like to serve it with mint sauce, (from my British heritage).

1-cup malt vinegar
1-cup fresh finely chopped mint
1-tablespoon sugar (or to taste)

Warm the vinegar in a pan, stir in the sugar until it dissolves, remove from the heat allow to cool, add the finely chopped fresh mint, stir and serve with the lamb.

Cliff I have done lamb exactly as Ezzy has suggested and it rocks. I would eat more lamb, but I am the only one in the house that eats it!!

I stab lamb and insert garlic cloves in mine.. Then coat with olive oil and lemon juice.. And finally add greek seasoning!!.. Cook it like anything else...slow and low...300..at least.. Yumm. Eat all of it in one sitting...Gets gamey... :D

Back
Top Bottom